Summer Party Gone South

Amelia stepped through the tall wooden doors of the Loft residence and handed her coat to a person standing by the door. She took in the familiar residence of her close friend's before she walked down the long hallways and took a right heading towards the backyard - where the party was being held.

Amelia stood still for a moment and watched as many teenagers who were most probably Hillary's teenage brother, Aaron's friends, get drunk and make complete fools of themselves in the process. She cringed when she saw how irresponsible teenagers acted, Amelia never acted like that during high school, she was her school valedictorian after all.

"Amelia, I thought you weren't going to make it." Her thoughts were cut off when Hillary, who was wearing a fairly pretty, mid-thigh length dress, came to greet her.

"Ever heard of the term fashionably late Hillary?" Amelia asked. "Besides I'm only an hour late."

"Well I'm glad you made it, you look gorgeous by the way." Hillary smiled and kissed the air besides Amelia's cheek.

Amelia grinned at her. "I wouldn't miss this; after all I've invited a special guest of my own." Amelia glanced around the room and then turned her gaze back to her friend. "Where is she anyway?"

Hillary shrugged. "She didn't pitch; she did say she'd try to make it... try being the key word."

"She'll be here, she's just late. I could tell she wanted to come." Amelia said confidently.

"Lia, I don-" Hillary began but Amelia walked right pass her before she could finish her sentence and walked towards a tall young man she recognized.

The young man turned around and grinned widely. "Amelia, I thought you weren't going to make it."

"It's Hillary's party, I could never miss it, she is my closest friend after all." Amelia said with a small grin.

He playfully pouted. "I thought I was your closest friend."

"You obviously thought wrong then." Amelia smirked.

"I've missed you Lia." He chuckled and leaned forward to hug Amelia but Amelia stepped back.

"No touching Hugh, I thought you'd know by now."

"Yeah, you know how Amelia likes her personal space." Hillary - who just appeared next to Amelia said.

"See that's why she's my closest friend." Amelia commented.

Hugh tilted his head to the side, "Oh but we go back a long way Lia, I should have a little more privileges than other friends right?"

"Just because our fathers are business associates it doesn't mean we're friends Hugh."

"You can keep telling yourself that sweetheart but you know we're close." Hugh winked with a smirk.

Amelia was right, Hugh's dad and Amelia's were business associates for many years and that's how Hugh and Amelia knew each for so long. Even though their father's relationship went back before they were even born, Hugh and Amelia only met when Amelia was thirteen and Hugh was fourteen. Hugh used to live with his mother in Long Island because his parents were divorced, until he started high school and preferred to stay with his much richer father. Ever since then him and Amelia were friends, although Amelia would never admit that to him.

"Sure." Amelia drawled. "Whatever makes you sleep at night Hugh."

"If you two are done flirting, look who just made an entry." Hillary said.

Amelia looked at the door she entered from and saw a nervous looking Lily, wearing a floral peach sleeveless dress that sat mid-thigh, stand at the entrance. He hair was loose and sitting wavy around her shoulders.