Lily Letting Loose

"Brady." Lily breathed, her eyes wide and her anxiety slowly starting to kick in.

Brady's frown deepened. "Lily?"

Amelia looked between the two and her hear beat picked up a notch.

She looked up at the sky and mentally spoke, 'really? I mean wasn't there enough drama for one day that Lily had be added into the equation now. Whatever happens, please be level headed Brady.'

"What... what are you doing here?" Brady questioned coolly.

Lily twiddled her fingers and gulped, she looked elsewhere instead of at Brady as she spoke, "um first promise me you won't get mad."

"Lily I am not in the mood for any riddle bullshit just answer the question... please." He told her, his tone sounding utterly exhausted.

"Well, um to make a few extra bucks I come over to babysit Lukas." She lied, averting any eye contact with her brother.

Amelia gave her a questioning look, wondering why the hell would she dig herself deeper by lying.

"Extra cash?" Brady repeated. "What haven't I ever given you that you need to come here to work for extra cash?"

"No please don't misunderstand me Brady, you do a lot for me and I appreciate you so much but I also feel bad that you have to attend to my every needs and wants so I thought I'd help out." Lily muttered.

"Have I ever complained about fulfilling your ever needs and wants?" Brady asked.

"N-no you're misunderstanding me Brady, I never said that. I just thought I'd do things for myself." Lily said.

"So you assume you're a burden on me and you think you're grown up enough to handle things on your own?" Brady asked taking a step closer to her.

"You need to quit, today itself." He demanded.

"What? No that's not fair." Lily retorted.

"Lily I will work three fucking jobs if I have to to fulfil your every demand but hell will freeze over if I allow you to work here." He told her sternly.

Lily opened her mouth to respond but another voice beat her to it.

"What's going on now?" Pamela spoke from the door threshold.

"Lily, honey when did you get here?" Pamela spoke as she appeared at the threshold, standing next to Amelia.

Pamela sniffed and tried to hide that she was crying but as she spoke she failed to realise that Brady was still standing there.

She looked nervously between Brady and lily and by Brady's expression, Pamela concluded that Lily was caught by her big brother.

"Brady before you lose your cool with your sister, try to understand her predicament. I am her mother after all and it's only natural for her to want to know me." Pamela told Brady.

Brady's eyes shot immediately in his sisters direction, he was furious and angry but mostly he was hurt. Amelia shut her eyes for a moment and internally groaned. Lily had fear written all over her face.

Brady stepped closer to his sister, his height for the first time towering over her intimated her.
She swallowed and tried to keep the threatening tears at bay as she looked up at her brothers furious blue eyes.

"Baby sitting eh?" His tone was eerily calm and low.

"B-Brady I can explain." She stuttered.

Brady put up his hands. "I don't want to hear a thing."