Sudden Thunderclap

The sound of a sharp arrow breaking through the air had never sounded so despairing. That arrow split light with its afterimages, chasing the wind and catching lightning. At a speed the physical eye had no way of seeing, it directly shot towards Meng Fuyao!

"Boom!"

At the same time, from the first palace gate suddenly exploded a tremendous sound, followed by the noise of shouting that surged over like the tide. The leading general was wearing black armor and a yellow cloth, and his two streaks of eyebrows so long they connected together – it was precisely Fang Minghe.

Qi Xunyi's joy changed his face color, loudly shouting, "Minghe, you've come!"

Fang Minghe loudly laughed, that sound injected with some inner strength to travel over from far away. "Congratulations Your Highness for succeeding!"

Hearing these words Qi Xunyi was instead startled, but before he had time to say anything, Fang Minghe had already flourished his sleeve while smiling, "On the road here, we've killed to our satisfaction!"

The very last third palace gate was almost a li away, yet even when separated by such a far distance, one could still smell the fresh blood of the soldiers' iron armors, and the heaven-rushing killing intent that had strode over human heads to travel here!

It could be imagined that just then, when Fang Minghe's great army thought that Prince Qi had succeeded and charged through the palace gates to murder a path into the imperial city, how many corpses were strewn, how many human heads had fallen to the ground, how many blazes of fire had started, and how many lives wept!

Fang Minghe emanated vigorous spirit, looking forward to the beautiful future of himself becoming a senior official that followed the new Emperor. He did not notice Prince Qi's face changing, nor the Yuan Zhaoxu beside him who was smiling while shaking his head.

But Yuan Zhaoxu's eyes were not on the great army in front surging into the city. He was watching that arrow that he had shot at Meng Fuyao.

The arrow arrived! In the air it whistled as it flew, however right before it neared Meng Fuyao in mid-air, it suddenly changed a direction. With a "pa ta" sound the arrowhead strangely dropped down, and the arrow body collided with Meng Fuyao's horse.

The steed felt pain, madly neighing as it reared up, then chaotically galloped and jumped as if it were crazy, sprinting forwards all the way.

Meng Fuyao was jolted so hard that her body couldn't help but jerk up and down, and she clenched her teeth and tightly gripped the reins to not let herself be thrashed off the horse. The violent galloping shook her until her whole body's bones felt like they were going to fall to pieces. Biting her lip, Fuyao struggled to tie the reins around her wrist, then exerted great effort to turn back her head on the horse, looking back at Yuan Zhaoxu.

When she turned her head back, her scattered black hair flung out into a stretch of ink-colored brocade, covering over half of her face. In between those silk thread strands shone out her eyes, complex and their meaning unclear.

That gaze was like a bridge, in a blink passing across the chaotic human tide. As if crossing a heavenly chasm, it tread over the river of forgetfulness, and directly arrived at the other side.

Before her was the roiling tide of iron armor; behind her was the pursuing guards of Prince Qi; all the while, there was the still faintly smiling Yuan Zhaoxu. His robes fluttered as he stood still where he was. In a lift of his eyes he received the complicated stare of Meng Fuyao, and his lips moved slightly.

A strand of sound transmission entered her ears, belonging to that person's calm voice that would not change even in the face of Mount Tai collapsing.