Pretending like so

Shen hour, third half-hour.

In front of the Letter Hall, the guard captain suspiciously sniffed his nose. He smelled a faint whiff of blood.

The moment he sniffed his nose, Meng Fuyao instantly raised her head, then discreetly cut forward half a pace, moving in front of Yun Hen.

At the same time, the captain turned his head, asking, "What's that smell?"

His gaze shot behind him, towards the Yun Hen who was carrying a tray and whose head was lowered. Gradually his eyes turned chilly, and suddenly he said slowly, "You, put down that tray."

With a "cha" sound, those originally raised, sky-pointing spears and blades all fell towards the ground. The points and edges of the weapons diagonally slanted, blades and tips forming a web, and pointed towards Yun Hen and Meng Fuyao.

A thick coldness like death filled the surroundings. A smell of iron rust was in the wind.

Yun Hen's face was like frost while his eyes fluctuated. After a short time, his hands slowly lowered.

That captain intently stared, his gaze sharp, like a high circling hawk looking for food.

Right now all his attention was focused on Yun Hen's body, waiting for the moment when the tray fell.

Meng Fuyao's hand instantly borrowed the cover of the tray to lower downwards, and in a shake of her sleeve a small knife had already slid into her palm. With a spin of her fingers, the small knife unwaveringly penetrated through the draping robe sleeve and pricked the inside of her thigh.

Fresh blood poured out.

At the same time, Yun Hen's tray had already fell down, revealing that bloodstain on his chest.

The eyes of the guard captain narrowed, as if he had met with some kind of dangerously strong light.

"Go —" The two words seize them had not yet come out of his mouth, before Meng Fuyao suddenly rushed forward, rushing towards the spear point of the guard captain.

"Sir! Sir! That blood ... is mine!"

The guard captain turned his head with surprise, his eyes glancing past the Meng Fuyao whose whole face was blushing, and didn't notice that just then Yun Hen's hand had suddenly retracted into his sleeve.

His fingertips gripped a fine steel needle, in that moment coldly planning to kill while perishing together.

However, that kill was interrupted by Meng Fuyao. Yun Hen turned his head in astonishment, and saw a certain most thick-faced person in the world shyly holding onto the guard captain's white shining blade point. With shame and sadness she said, "Sir ... it is this servant's ... this servant's fault, this servant had gone for tryst with little Hen at Xuande Hall ... didn't pay attention to this servant's monthly thing ... the monthly thing suddenly came ... it stained his robes ... Sir must not misunderstand!"

The guard captain was startled. He naturally knew that maids in the palace were lonely, and many became "eating partners" with eunuchs and played around in some kind of false coupling. His eyes couldn't help but fall, and see that among the slightly disheveled lower skirts of the palace maid, there truly were some faint traces of blood.

His eyes then glanced towards the old eunuch Lao An. Lao An was previously given a fright, but now he lifted his sleeve to cover his mouth and snicker. Moving his head close to the side of the guard captain's ear, he said a couple sentences. As the guard captain listened, he gradually revealed an odd, lascivious expression.

As for the innately talented first-class actress Meng Fuyao, with superb acting she demurely lowered her head at once. The tip of her foot scratched at the ground as she bashfully stayed silent.