Each with their own plans

Take responsibility for you?

You saved me, and now you want me to take responsibility?

Meng Fuyao blinked her eyes. Why did the logic of this sentence sound so strange?

This Yuan Zhaoxu, his ability to use his words to disguise the false as true, and reverse common sense, was truly at an expert's level.

Fuyao admitted that she was not his opponent, and so could only retreat a step, leaving that radius of entrancing fragrance. Rubbing her nose, she changed the topic, "I actually have an idea, only it will be slightly dangerous ..."

"Then let's follow your idea then." Yuan Zhaoxu didn't even inquire about her plan, only carelessly replying.

Meng Fuyao stared at him. "Do you know what I am thinking of?"

"You're thinking of planting incriminating evidence and framing someone else, giving them a taste of their own medicine." Yuan Zhaoxu's smile was confident and detestable.

Fuyao twisted the corner of her mouth while staring fixedly at him. After a while she cursed him. "Tapeworm!" --------------

Inside the deep mountains of early autumn, there were already some signs of winter's coming. Maple leaves held the early colors of frost red, the red in the cold moonlight looking beautiful yet eerie.

The Profound Origin village's "Wind Listening Small Pavilion", today held some special guests. The guest's status was lofty - Tai Yuan Empire's Third Prince Qi Xunyi [1]. Pei Yuan's wounding, according to normal proceedings, shouldn't have moved a prince to personally come. However, Qi Xunyi was different. His mother, an imperial concubine, was Pei Yuan's aunt; he was Pei Yuan's closest cousin.

Qi Xunyi resided in a single courtyard. The other esteemed guest who had come with him lived in the east courtyard of the "Wind Listening Small Pavilion". That person had entered his room very early, not allowing anyone to attend to him, seeming a little unusual.

Lin Xuanyuan had welcomed the guests during the day, and first accompanied them to visit Pei Yuan at the Orchid Pavilion. Then he had stayed at the Wind Listening Small Pavilion for half the night, before finally saying farewell. Treading on the night frost of moonlight, he walked towards his own rest chambers, his expression containing some worry.

After he left, the Wind Listening Small Pavilion returned to stillness, and lamps were snuffed out one by one. No matter what would happen tomorrow, sleep was still a necessity.

A silent, still night.

The rising crescent moon coldly hung above the cloud tops, the lunar glow like distant flowing water.

"Whoosh."

In the chilly luminance, a streak of black shadow, like a kite with a broken string, drifted past the courtyards; drifted past the patio; drifted past the entrance hall; and drifted up onto the second floor of that small building with flying, painted eaves.

The dark shadow was like a falling leaf, hanging for some time on the eaves of the second-floor. Swaying a little underneath the eave, the figure transformed into a streak of black smoke, swinging into the highest western loft of the Wind Listening Small Pavilion.

So light, so swift, so silent.

Even a closed-eyed, dozing little bird on a Banyan tree next to the building, was not alerted.

The black shadow floated into the bead curtains, penetrating into the inner room. Underneath a black mask, there peeked out a pair of resplendent pupils - Meng Fuyao's eyes.