I'll follow your lead

Meng Fuyao only stared speechlessly. The man never stopped shaking his head.

Following a gust of wind, he dropped down from the tree like a patch of soft cloud. Without seeing him do much moving, he had already arrived at Meng Fuyao's side. Lightly laughing he said, "Little lady, looking at your shaking, I'm guessing you must be pretty cold, how about we ... get warm together ..."

Shameless! Meng Fuyao glared at him with her wide eyes, it was clearly because I was scared!

Face to face, the appearance previously covered by shadows was now revealed. That kind of facial radiance, was like a bright moon rising from the horizon of a jade sea, in an instance shining through the limitless heavens. In that moment, Meng Fuyao was struck into a daze.

After that moment she immediately shook herself awake, rebuking herself a thousand times inside her heart for being such a flower-obsessed idiot [1]. Continuing to shrink backwards, she plastered on a look full of nervousness on her face, while her finger was furtively reaching for her soft whip.

However before managing to touch the handle of the whip, her fingertip suddenly trembled, as if flicked back by some invisible force. Opposite, the smiling guy retracted his finger while shaking his head, "Girl, acting won't work every time."

In the cool moonlight, the man's long clothes fluttered loosely in the wind, containing a bit of carefree laughter. The scattered appearance even seemed to slowly float forward, the wide robes and long sleeves drifting like clouds, making one think of Luan birds soaring high above the nine heavens. [2]

There is a type of appearance, that could be called sacredly pure.

There is a type of bearing, that could be called mesmerizingly charming.

Yet very few could meld such purity and charm together without so much a watery ripple, transforming into a unique aura where insouciance arose from nobility, and profoundness arose from warmth.

The ground's gravel lightly crunched, and a type of lightly intriguing fragrance floated. The man had an elegant demeanor, yet he impolitely sat down nearby; in the blaze's glow, he slightly turned his head.

Meng Fuyao's breathing hitched a little.

The slant of his long eyebrows that reached the temples held a flowing, relaxed aloofness; it invoked scenes of natural willows by azure ponds, containing within the scented flowing light of spring.

The refined, almost divine tracing of his side profile, made it seem like all of heaven and earth's colorful brilliance was gathered underneath his eyes.

Beauty beyond the mortal realm will cause loss of one's ability to speak - and right now, Meng Fuyao felt that she had forgotten how to form words.

The man only smiled smoothly, casually brushing at the dust beside him. After seeing that the ground wasn't going to get any cleaner, he didn't fret over it, but instead suddenly extended an arm to hug her shoulder, pulling her down onto the ground.

Meng Fuyao tumbled away in a flash, falling onto the wet ground with a "gu dong" sound while yelling, ".. you, what are you doing?!"

Resting his head on his arm, the man didn't get up but slightly looked at her askance. An udumbara-like [3] smile blossomed on his lips. "What am I doing? The night frost is heavy, and I am cold. If I sleep alone I'll be even colder, so I've decided to be together with you."

Meng Fuyao's face turned red. "Um, I can't take advantage of your moment of weakness ..."

"I like taking advantage of moments of weakness." The man's robe sleeves lifted up, and the long winding cloth wrapped around Meng Fuyao's waist and impolitely dragged her over. "Shush now, be good."

Empress Fu Yao [Volume 1] (COMPLETED)✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara