I'm very cold

It was a heavy darkness, and the slow, long night seemed to never end.

The mountain cliff where Meng Fuyao had just fallen off of was still predominated by silence; occasionally there would still be small pieces of rock that tumbled off the side, with the echo of impact only sounding after a very long time.

One could hear, that it was a very steep drop.

Some of the wild brush on the cliff side suddenly began to move.

After, a dai colored shadow appeared from within the thick, impenetrable darkness under the cliff, slowly arising.

That shadow seemed to completely ignore the laws of gravity, and like it was pulled by some mysterious unseen force, it lazily drew a semicircular arc in the air, steadily landing on top of the cliff.

The slender figure raised her head, moonlight shining in her cold, calm pupils.

Meng Fuyao.

With a mirthless smile, Fuyao's wrist beckoned, and a streak of indiscernible dark light snapped through the air and burrowed back into her sleeve.

"Want to harm me? Not that easy."

Meng Fuyao lightly stroked the thin black whip coiled around her wrist - this was the soft whip she used as a belt. Back when Pei Yuan's expression became odd, she had already wrapped the strap around her palm. The way Pei Yuan had torn her sleeve was very unusual, long causing her to be on her guard; when the red cloak swept over her covering Pei Yuan's motions, Fuyao's tying of the whip to an unobtrusive side rock was also concealed.

When Pei Yuan poked her nexuses, her preventative revolution of her injured "Breaking Nine Heavens" method managed to protect the points on the side of her body Pei Yuan was on. Because Pei Yuan was moving under the cloak, her precision was off and the power behind the jabs was lacking; furthermore, Fuyao also borrowed the force from falling off the cliff to completely breakthrough the slight paralysis.

Then, when she was pushed off the drop, the soft whip halted her descent. She had waited without moving until the two of them had gone far away before finally crawling back up the cliff.

Standing on the cliff while watching the darkness in front of her, Meng Fuyao thought she could see at the end of the darkness the high, exalted mountain village that once sheltered her, and the noble youth who once gave her such precious warmth.

Strong winds buffeted the mountain outcrop. The pale-faced young woman stood straight, her face devoid of expression. Before, thinking about those youthful days would unwittingly bring a smile to her face; now, however, her face held nothing.

Those days of confused affection and momentary impulses were but only a detour of exploration in the road of her life. She had mistaken that warm happiness she vaguely glimpsed between the hanging leaves and thick forest as her long-searched-for Garden of Eden, yet very quickly she was expelled from that fantasy.

But it was alright. In this world, there would always be losses to suffer, and there would always be debts to repay.

Meng Fuyao shook the gold threaded whip, the whip sending out a dazzling crack, echoing out into the mountain valley like the clear blow of a horn.

Smiling, she scooped out from her bosom a couple inky green strands of grass. The tips of the grass were actually white, as if the strands had morning frost accumulated on them.

Observing the grass with satisfaction, Meng Fuyao felt that her luck was quite good - she fell down a cliff just to unexpectedly find "Finger Frost" growing on the rocks. This type of herb had excellent medicinal efficacy for healing inner and outer wounds, and could even strengthen the constitution and nurture cultivation. This event was truly an affliction working out a blessing.

Empress Fu Yao [Volume 1] (COMPLETED)✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara