Raging Flames in Imperial City

You hour.

Inside the Letter Hall's guard garrison room, the Meng Fuyao who finally succeeded in joining up forces examined the scholarly, mild man in front of her. She was a little astonished that the Yun family patriarch Yun Chi, who had stood firmly in the Tai Yuan Imperial Court for so many years without being toppled, was this kind of man, gentle to the point of frailness.

Yun Chi had pondered for a long time, thinking about Meng Fuyao's daring yet crazy suggestion. That tonight the Letter Hall was silently surrounded, he was naturally clear, but since the situation was not clear yet he still did not dare to have any movements. Now that he was required to make the first move, being an old official of the Tai Yuan government, he was very well clear that the consequences of this action would be extremely severe. Even such a calm person like Yun Chi couldn't help but perspire cold sweat on his forehead.

Meng Fuyao, though, was grinning without care. She poured some tea to drink, then dangled one leg over the other and started to hum.

"I'm always money too little, money too little, counting for half a day only left with a couple jiao notes[1], without regrets I say that it doesn't matter, actually I am basically not that strong ..."

"Heart Too Soft"[2] money-grubbing version was finished, then she started singing "Smiling Face"[3] money-grubbing version.

"Often thinking of, the you right now, who is by my side counting banknotes, but but I, still can't understand, how much more you have in your pocket, however I still, always believe, you definitely can gift me a diamond ring, the books say the rich view the same moon even a thousand li away, but right now I just want to help you manage those banknotes, I've heard many plays of eternal pledged love, but I still want to see you, and the number of digits stored in your bank account ..."

Yun Hen and Yun Chi stared at her in astonishment, only feeling that this girl was truly an oddity. The storm was coming, the palace massacre was intense, while a life-or-death crisis was right in front of their eyes – and she was still in the mood to sing these kinds of random stuff?

However Meng Fuyao had already run out of patience. With a slap of the table she asked, "Still not doing it?"

Yun Chi bitterly laughed, and muttered, "Miss Meng, this this ..." Eventually he didn't dare to say the word "rebel" out loud, and only ambiguously said , "Manpower I do have some, and not being able to enter Heavenly Peace Hall, we truly could stir up some trouble here, only this is a serious matter ..."

"Very good." Throwing back her head, Fuyao gulped down all of the tea, then stood up. "That's exactly what we want, to stir up big trouble. If we don't stir up big trouble how are we supposed to alarm your family's boss?" She looked around, then smilingly said, "I've heard that the predecessor of the Tai Yuan Imperial Palace was the Yi Empire's Divine Palace, and before their country crumbled the Yi Empire's royal family dug out many secret passageways and hidden rooms. I have already experienced one, now I want to experience another one."

She stood there, and the tea cup in her hand suddenly heavily pounded onto the table surface. With a ka-cha sound, the rosewood surface sunk down a little; only upon closer inspection was it seen that it was that stretch of floor underneath the table that depressed down. Heedless of Yun Chi's panicked expression, the smiling Meng Fuyao lifted her leg up and kicked. In a rumbling sound the ground surface suddenly split into two, revealing a secret entrance.

"Bring all of your soldiers and people inside the Letter Hall down this secret passage, then, light a fire to burn down this cold palace," Meng Fuyao straightforwardly said. "Once this fire erupts, whatever you want to do will become much easier."