Drawn Swords Opposing

On one side of the martial arena was sect master Lin Xuanyuan, sitting cross-legged and watching the center stage. It looked like one match had finished already, and that match didn't seem to have resulted in anything good, since his face color was slightly pale and ashen while he was sitting still and regulating his breathing. On the stage battling was a black-clothed man and a senior martial brother from the Profound Origin sect.

The black-clothed man's sword arts were extremely swift, at times like a million points of starlight and at other times like a coiling dragon twisting in the air. The waves of sword qi flew out in thousands of ever-changing forms, causing one who looked at it for too long to feel slightly dizzy from the myriad of variations.

Meng Fuyao heard one of her martial brothers whisper, "He's Vanishing Sword, one of the top ten swordsmen of Tai Yuan, and the most mysterious and eccentric of them at that! Who knows how White Mountain sect managed to get him to help?"

"I wondered why the annual Tai Yuan top ten sword sect competition suddenly moved forward, so it's because that old dog White found a helper! Looks like they just want to trample our Profound Origin sect."

"One person challenging our whole sect, he's a little too overbearing."

"So what? He has the ability, can't you see senior brother right now is overstraining himself merely trying to fight to a draw?"

"Ai ... seems like today we really are going to get trampled on ..."

Meng Fuyao indifferently continued to go forward, but just after walking a few steps, she promptly heard a loud shriek "Ahh".

From the powerful tornado formed from turbulent bloody gales in front of her flew a dark shadow, heavily smashing towards her. Fuyao frantically dodged to the side, and the large human body, trailing a line of blood pearls across the horizon, hit the ground hard right before her eyes.

Fresh blood splattered onto the weapons rack beside the stage, and soon after, thick droplets of blood dripped down onto the white stone floor. The scarlet blood and pale rocks formed a stark contrast, making for a shocking scene.

Not a sound could be heard in the arena. The astonished gazes of the Profound Origin disciples on site fell upon their senior disciple whose martial ability was the most outstanding among them, and who was currently rolling on the ground in agony, cradling his right wrist.

It took several seconds before people thought to rush forwards and prop him up, upon which they immediately let out a shocked exclamation.

Senior martial brother's right hand dripped fresh blood, and the tendons in his right arm were sliced.

What a ruthless sword art!

The Profound Origin sect was completely silent, making the wild laughter of the other sects in the arena even more ear-piercing.

Only the black-clothed man was apathetic, standing in the middle of the stage and coldly wiping the bloodstains off the length of his sword.

The piece of cloth he used to wipe his weapon looked very familiar - it was actually senior martial brother's half-severed right sleeve. The Profound Origin disciples all revealed indignant expressions, but Meng Fuyao only twitched the tip of her eyebrow.

What a fast sword! In only a brief instant, not only did it cripple the opponent's tendon, it also neatly cut off a section of his robe sleeve.

This was not even mentioning that his opponent was already an extremely fast, first-class expert!

White Mountain's chief was still continuing to laugh, in contrast to the deep sighs coming from the Profound Origin sect crowd. It looked like today the Profound Origin sword sect was going to lose quite a bit of face.