Disrobing to Attack the Enemy

When Meng Fuyao ran away just a moment ago, Yuan Zhaoxu watched her lithe figure fly like a bird, vanishing into the light yellow expanse of trees in the autumn mountains. He silently smiled, then with slow steps he walked towards the Grand Tutor's horse.

"Your horse carriage can slowly travel, go along with Qi Xunyi to Yanjing. I'll bring her and leave first, saves us from always being inside those people's vision radius, possibly creating some kind of trouble." [1]

The Grand Tutor squinted his old eyes and looked at Yuan Zhaoxu, his expression like he was regarding his own favorite son or nephew. Stroking his beard, he faintly smiled.

"Where are you going?"

"Also Yanjing. This time I borrowed your diplomatic mission to Tai Yuan to celebrate Tai Yuan Emperor's birthday, just to deal with Qi Xunyi. How could I miss this opportunity?"

"Ha ha ... as you please."

"Also from what I've heard, at this time's birthday ceremony, he ... has also come."

"Ah? Hasn't he always been under house arrest inside Nemesis Dynasty's capital? Nemesis' Emperor allowed him to leave?"

"A flood dragon trapped by limits, will only be for a time. Once there is a chance, it inevitably will soar up." Yuan Zhaoxu turned, thoughtfully looking towards the western horizon. His expression contained some anticipation as well as some humor, seemingly even more radiant. "And the great winds that will sweep through the Five Regions and soar through the Four Seas, have already risen ..." -----------------

"Why did we separate from the main procession?" Meng Fuyao setup the fire pit and raised a fire with deft motions, then neatly skinned the hunted wild chicken with her dagger. "Also, why do I have to go with you?"

Yuan Zhaoxu was leaning against an old tree, comfortably lying down, while a spread of clean leaves was padded underneath his body. Master Yuanbao had its butt sticking up, and was diligently pushing and collecting fallen leaves, unceasingly trying to curry favor by piling up the leaves under its master.

The way it pushed was strange and despicable. It faced towards Yuan Zhaoxu, shoving leaves up to his body, while its fat stubby back legs kicked the torn and dilapidated leaves and dirt backwards. The person sitting behind it was Meng Fuyao.

At first, Meng Fuyao didn't want to keep squabbling with a petty pet. After consecutively eating several mouthfuls of dirt, however, she discovered that certain animals didn't know to stop before going too far, their courage too fat and their minds too skinny. Thus she tore off a strip of leg meat from the wild chicken, and took advantage of when Yuanbao was not paying attention to fiercely shove it in its mouth.

Consequently, that certain herbivorous animal immediately sprinted to the riverside to rinse out his mouth, and the side of the fire pit was finally clean.

Only now did Yuan Zhaoxu reply to her question.

"If you are willing to be watched by a couple wolves all day, you could choose to keep going slowly. Also, I don't recall that I ever wanted you to come with me, you chose to follow me yourself."

Meng Fuyao thought a bit, it seemed that it really was the case. She couldn't help but shamefacedly say, "Well its not like I can help it, there's only one road from the Profound Origin mountains leading to Yanjing after all."

Yuan Zhaoxu held back a smile while giving her a glance, deciding not to remind the person that was trying to fool herself, that there were actually other roads leading to Yanjing as well.

The tree branches in the fire pit burned with "pi pa" sounds, lighting up the two people's flushed red faces like they were drunk. A type of heated factor was transpiring in the air, making even the cold moonlight shining from the distant trees seem a little warmer.