A Threat of Killing Intent

You hour, second half-hour. (5:30 pm or 17:30)

Inside the water pavilion of the Heavenly Peace Hall. The aged Emperor's dragon body[1] was not well, and after having made a simple appearance as usual, he left the princes to party amongst themselves.

Qi Xunyi clapped his hands, and the performing troupe came into the hall. The leading girl's waist was like a snake's, slightly revealing a snowy white, firm stomach while wearing graceful, golden long pants. Crimson jewels were embedded onto her chest wrap, and her twin peaks were like snow as they burst out with fullness. The dash of snow white combined together with the delicate waist, creating a gorgeous scene that contained a wild, primitive allure.

The princes were accustomed to seeing appropriately behaved gentlewoman, so towards this type of exotic taste they all thought it refreshing. One by one they put down their wine cups, while the Crown Prince also looked over with a smile.

The people of the performing troupe all had great skill in dexterity. Halfway through the show, it was an acrobatic performance involving flinging people into the air. Dozens of people stacked up one after the other, each one more slanted towards the outside than the previous, building up a high tower using humans. The princes raised their heads to look, completely marveling at the performers' flexibility. They didn't notice that the human tower kept stacking towards the center of the hall, step by step approaching the upper seats. There was only a person's distance left before it could reach the Crown Prince.

The Crown Prince didn't notice either, because Qi Xunyi had suddenly pulled out an object that he asked him to inspect. With just one look the Crown Prince's eyes brightened. It was a Xuanji Diagram[2], thirty-six by thirty-six characters. Reading forwards, backwards, from the beginning, word by word reversed, going backwards word by word reversed, horizontally, diagonally, all could form a complete phrase. The content was actually not poems, but an outline on military strategy.

"Is this the fabled betrothal gift that the Infinite Empire's Crown Prince gave to his fiancée when he was only thirteen years old? It's rumored that it contains thirty-two marvelous tactical and military strategies, and was always hidden inside the deep palace, where did you obtain it?"

"It is naturally a rubbing impression." Qi Xunyi lightly smiled. "This little brother knows that the Crown Prince loves military strategy, and so bitterly found this to give a filial gift to you."

"Ai, truly a treasure!" The Crown Prince received it, obsessively studying it like he could not bear to part with it.

Qi Xunyi raised his head, and his eyes flashed.

That charming girl immediately somersaulted, lithely rising up like a young swallow flying through the forest or skimming past the waves. The tips of her feet consecutively tapped out, as golden light glimmered and jade and gem pendants danced out a brilliant blur. In the blink of an eye, she had spun onto the peak of the human tower.

On that soaring human tower, one could reach out their hands to touch the domed ceiling. When the dancing girl reached the summit, that tower suddenly toppled!

"Ah!"

The whole hall filled with shocked yells, yet the human tower suddenly stopped.

The performing troupe truly had superb skills, and didn't scatteredly fall down because of that extreme difficulty, sharp dropping movement, instead stopping at a dangerous tilt and forming an angle with the ground. The body of that dancing girl on the very tip of the human tower was leaned backwards with her face up, precisely falling in front of the Crown Prince. Her dark hair tumbled down like a waterfall, blocking the line of vision of the guards positioned in the back of the hall. Her lovely features like spring and her red lips like fire were all close to the Crown Prince's eyes; that enchanting and glistening smile, seemed like it was waiting for the Crown Prince to extend his hand and pluck at any time.