INTRODUCTION

I N V I S I B L E

is there pity for the plain girl?i'll close my mouth, i won't say a word,a nod of pity for the plain girl

i'll close my mouth, i won't say a word,
a nod of pity for the plain girl

i know that you don't want me here,

- dodie, from "6/10"

ELECTRA DEVERAUX FELT INVISIBLE. She often felt as though she could disappear, float off into the wind and nobody would miss a thing. She just didn't think she mattered.

She would be one of the faces forgotten by her peers in years to come. The only way they would remember her would be if she was famous. But there was no way that was going to happen. No matter how good her poetry was.

Electra just couldn't help but feel that she would never be anyone to anyone. Admittedly there was her dad but he was genetically programmed to love her. That's his job.

She didn't mean to sound ungrateful but like he hadn't chosen her exactly. He hadn't looked at her for all she was and thought, 'Yes I want that one exactly that one' Her existence was a game of chance. And what a prize. She really did sound ungrateful. But life didn't seem all that it was cracked up to be. Your teenage years were meant to be the best years of your life. But if these were the best years of her life the rest must not be worth living. Maybe because unlike her lovely sister she didn't have friends. She had maybe one or two. It didn't feel like it.

But when Harry Potter of all people invites Electra to the Yule Ball. She feels less invisible.

maude apatow as