Chapter 12

Chapter 12;

Delhi;

Bipin called the rest of the team on a conference call. As the confused members dialled in, chatter filled the room wondering why the Alpha, Nakul wasn't called.

"Nakul's gone rogue." Said Bipin with the sadness in his voice eminent.

Silence filled the call as everyone refused to accept it.

"Impossible," said Zoya

"He's just shot Avinash. The head of the Indian Embassy in Dubai."

"Do we have confirmation that it was Nakul?" Asked a hesitant Pranav

"Check it out," said Bipin as he sent them the CCTV footage.

Sadness and disappointment filled in on Aditi's face as she saw the clip.

After a long silence, Pranav spoke

"And joined whom? ISI? Bakhtiyar? Who?"

"We do not know for sure, Pranav but I have a bad feeling about this."

A prolonged silence once again filled the air.

"Mission Blackbuck, team. Find and Kill Nakul. Aditi, you're in charge" said Bipin.

"But Sir-"

"No buts, Victor. You'll do as I say. Zoya, dig in and find everything you can on Nakul and report to Aditi immediately."

Zoya didn't answer but Bipin knew she would do it. She had to.

"Find out which one of the 7 passports has Nakul used to get out of the UAE," said Bipin "and Aditi, I need regular updates on every single thing."

Struggling to speak, Victor finally mustered up the courage "Meeting point Sir?"

Dubai Airport;

As Nakul braced for takeoff, he put on his white and mint coloured headphones. He opened his sack, put a piece of gum in his mouth and just as he was closing his sack, his eyes fell on a small folded parchment of paper. He took it in his hands and gently caressed it. Opening the read what he had written in one of his darkest times. What he had written while in Warsaw Lake.

I stand in the most claustrophobic room I have ever been in,

Craving for more than just help,

I feel as though I am losing myself each day

And all I am able to do is yelp.

Maybe it's the Immortalising pain,

That doesn't let me be at peace,

But loneliness is a disease without a cure,

It tears you apart piece by piece.

After all these years of education and training,

I've realised that they don't train you to be alone,

They train you to fight the world,

But they don't teach you how to not miss home.

Though, I try to keep myself together,

amidst this unending dessert of sadness,

Having company is like seeing a mirage,

In this unruly dearth of darkness.

Just when he finished, the plane took off.

-x-

Poem by my dear friend 

Make it a note to follow her and check out her awesome poems!

I'm planning on having an interactive session about in which direction do you think the story will head out. Please do tell and contact me! My DM's are open and I respond to each one of them! Thanks!