Chapter 4

Delhi;

"I was an analyst in R&AW back in the day, and we were severely criticised for failing to provide the intel of the attack," said Bipin as he sat in the grey room once more, in the same seat in front of the same two people.

"Yes, I know," said Raj and signalled Bipin to continue.

"Though I wasn't put on the case, I snooped around and got one of my UPH to do some work for me."

"UPH?"

"Unidentified Police Havaldar" Bipin replied

"Wow," Gajendra snickered, speaking something for the first time that day.

"It's how we work, Sir," Bipin said before continuing, "So I and my UPH did some snooping around and found out that the driver of the ambulance was hiding in the parking of the ISRO campus until he had heard the last gunshot. We immediately reported it to the authorities. They found out that the man was called Keshav and he died of a heart attack later in the same year. I didn't quite believe it so I looked repeatedly at the CCTV footage of the parking lot of ISRO and one thing that struck me each time was the body language of the man. He didn't seem even a bit shocked or frightened by the sound of the gunshots. And finally, I was convinced that the authorities were wrong about the man."

"But the records speak for themselves, Bipin. It shows here that Keshav, the driver, passed away due to a heart attack" said Yadav, looking into a file.

"Yes, Keshav died. But the man wasn't Keshav."

"What are you talking about?"

"The man's name wasn't Keshav, nor was he Hindu, and nor did he die."

"How did you come up with this idea?"

"There is a photo in the file, a picture of the man driving the ambulance, he is wearing gloves and if you look closely into it, you will see a bulge on the finger next to the middle finger of the man on the right hand. If you look more closely into it, you will see it's three small bulges. And experts say the bulges are created by three wedding rings.

Now tell me, which Hindu man would wear three wedding rings on the wedding finger and keep all three?

Polygamy isn't a rule the Hindus agree with."

"That's minute and precise observation, Bipin."

"I know," Bipin replied.

"The man had created a false identity and disposed of it while returning to his headquarters."

"Fine, then but what is his significance?"

"According to my research, I feel he was the leader of the team. He would've come out only if the terrorists had successfully carried out the attack. And I believe he is the mastermind behind many of the terror attacks carried out in India after the ISRO incidence."

"Feelings don't necessarily mean it's the truth, Bipin."

"And that is why I have my undercover agents assigned in various places, finding out and linking each piece of valuable information to Mr X, the main man."