Momo's face lit up but she noticed that he didn't bring anything with him when he arrived, so she quickly asked. "Where's the food?" Mina, who was right behind her, rolled her eyes.

Takejiro scratched his head. "Yeah, about that... I got fired." Momo and Sana's eyes widened in suprise, while Mina laughed in amusement. "Well, it was about time."

"Mina." Sana scolded. "Sorry." The youngest girl quickly apologized. "What happened?" Momo asked their uncle. It was clear that she was more concerned about the food.

"Yeah, I mean, you've worked there for months. It was the longest job you've ever had." Sana said. The man sighed. "Apparently, they have too much staff." He mocked.

"We have no choice, girls, we're gonna have to eat herbs for dinner." Takejiro said.

"Herbs?!" Momo screamed. The 3 others flinched in surprise. "That's like the vegetables for little children. I'm sick of eating herbs!"

"C'mon, they're not so bad." The man went outside to grab some herbs. The 3 girls followed him from behind. "We can make soup. There's fruits. And ooh mushrooms too." He said while going inside their kitchen.

"Can't we just buy the food ourselves?" Mina spoke. Takejiro turned to face them. "And risk your life out there? No." He said. "You don't know what's out there." He added. Sana furrowed her eyebrows. "We've been there before. It's not so bad." She said.

"I still say no. That's one reason why we're moving. You girls have always wanted to be normal, right? Well, when we move there, that's when it'll happen." Momo, Sana, and Mina stayed quiet. They just nodded.

"Okay then, do whatever you'll wanna do. But I suggest you should all start packing, or more like gathering your belongings. Never leave a trace." Takejiro said. "Dinner will be ready in a few." He added.

The girls obeyed and started fixing their things. "What do you think happened?" Momo asked the younger ones. Mina shrugged. "I don't know, maybe he just got tired of us ranting about our lives." She answered.

"I guess." Sana joined in the conversation. "But out of all the places, why South Korea?" She asked. "I don't know, but wouldn't it be fun?" Momo lightened up the mood. Sana nodded. "Maybe."

Just then, the three girls were called for dinner. They stopped what they were doing and headed to the kitchen to eat.

While eating, Mina brought up a topic they've never touched or talked about. "Uncle." She called. The man looked at the girl who spoke. "Yes, Mina-jjang?" He asked.

"You never really told us about how our parents died, and how you took us in." She said. Momo and Sana nodded in agreement. Takejiro sighed. "Hmm, I guess you girls are old enough to understand now and it's about time I tell you." He said.

"Okay, let me start with the eldest one." He started. "Momo." He looked at the girl he just called. "Although you're the eldest, you were the second one I took in, after Sana."

"It was on a New Year's party, a few days after Sana was born. The fireworks caused a massive fire. It killed your parents. You were with them but luckily you survived. I was there when I found you. It was a good thing I was able to find some information about you. You were born as Hirai Momo and you were almost 2 months old that time. Since that day, you were a Kanai."

Momo only stayed quiet but she was glad to hear what happened to her parents. "Next, Sana." Takejiro faced the girl. "I took you in when you were just born."

"Your mother died giving birth to you. Your father committed suicide just right after that. He was a good friend of mine and you had no other relatives to take care of you so I did."