Favors Returned, Debts Repaid

Start from the beginning

Meng Fuyao tossed the dagger a couple times in her hand, feeling that it was unfortunate that she did not have actual poison on her. Although, Pei Yuan, what if your arrogant, attractive appearance and snowy complexion, that has so many men buzzing around you like bees and calling you a jade beauty, one day had a few extra wounds that stank with the smell of rotting flesh? I wonder if, after all the butterflies and flowers have been driven away, you could still maintain that false, hypocritical smile?

With a cold smile, Meng Fuyao carefully applied layer after layer on top of the dagger's blade.

The man hugged his knees with a light smile, his eyes sweeping past with a measure of appreciation.

Seeing Meng Fuyao's preparations complete, he stood up and pointed in the Profound Origin sect village's direction. While smiling he said, "You probably don't know that your sword sect actually has a secret tunnel. If you sneak in through there, you can avoid many of the mountain village's guards, and," his expression suddenly seemed a little odd, "your Master and the other martial brothers and sisters right now are all at the front hall welcoming Infinite Empire's Grand Tutor. You can first conceal yourself inside Pei Yuan's room."

"How do you know?" Meng Fuyao slanted a glance at him. "Who are you?"

"You can call me Zhaoxu, Yuan Zhaoxu."[2] Yuan Zhaoxu's smiling expression was like a touch of spring breeze. While his eyes moved, it was like in an instant water could flow backwards, and deep snow could melt.

"Yuan Zhaoxu?" Meng Fuyao muttered the name once. For some reason she felt it familiar, as if she had heard it before somewhere, but right now couldn't remember. She only nodded her head, then followed the direction Yuan Zhaoxu pointed to while striding in large steps.

Her back figure gradually vanished down the rugged mountain trail. Behind her, Yuan Zhaoxu had on a light smile, and while standing with his hands clasped behind his back, he deeply gazed at her disappearing shadow.

His wide sleeves drifted leisurely in the wind, reflecting the crushed silver moonlight.

At his back, where there was originally a block of mountain rock, slowly materialized a long, skinny black figure. The black shadow stood slightly bowed three chi behind Yuan Zhaoxu, with its head lowered in a respectful demeanor.

"Crown ..."

Yuan Zhaoxu slightly turned back his head, and with only a look, the other side instantly became horrified, quickly shutting its mouth.

"You do not have to remind me, I will go immediately." Waving his hand, it seemed Yuan Zhaoxu already knew what the other was going to say. After a moment of thought, he tilted his head towards Master Yuanbao who was currently standing on his shoulder, "Hey, go follow her?"

Master Yuanbao turned, showing his backside to Yuan Zhaoxu.

"After you come back I'll let you eat a late-night snack, three Qilin Reds."

Master Yuanbao continued to maintain his unturned head and raised backside, but obediently began to crawl down his shoulder.

"You're not allowed to enact your personal revenge, or else I'll penalize three day's worth of Qilin Red." Yuan Zhaoxu exhorted Master Yuanbao with a phrase. That fat rodent only shook his stubby tail as an answer, unknown if it was an agreement or not.

The black-garbed man watched stunned as that ball of white fur vanished into the night. In his heart he still did not understand his master's actions. Yuanbao was not some ordinary pet animal - found in the Di Region Heavenly Court's most sacred lands, only one of the Everlife Temple's "Divine Enigma Rats" would be born every hundred years. Their lives were extremely long, and their intelligence was beyond normal animals, even comparable to humans. Further, they could bring luck and ward off evil, and once they decided on a master, they would be unwaveringly loyal for their entire lives. People without connections to the temple could only hope to see one, let alone own one - no matter how exalted their statuses were.