29

Christmas went along better than ever

Christmas went along better than ever. My family was happy and I had all my friends to celebrate it with me. The experience was truly another level of happiness. Sadly, we had to return to school during the week of the new year beginning as promised.

Also as promised, I would go with Kasen to a new year's party. Only now I wanted to go because all of us were going. So we all got ready at Easton's house. Thankfully, Eli wasn't there since he has his apartment and we all left in two vehicles. Kasen, Cassandra, Easton, and I. On the other were Alina and Contrad.

My outfit was chosen by Kasen. I thought I would have regretted allowing him to choose it since he was begging all day but it turns out, the guy knows his style. My outfit for the night was a white loose long sleeve, open work top that curved below my collarbones. The top that showed off my white bra underneath was paired with a white belt over short white jeans. I even managed to add some chains to hang by the loops. The outfit was tied together by my white combat boots and my hair was braided down my shoulders.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight," Kasen whispered as we walked through the open front door together, our friends trailing behind. I danced a bit with Cassandra but soon she left me to make out with her new girlfriend and I had no idea where Alina went. I found my way to Kasen where he was looking at me all along, sitting on the barstool.

"You're not drinking," I acknowledged his empty hands. "I'm taking a break from that," he admitted in which I found strange yet interesting. "Where are your friends? I'm sure my friends aren't the only friends you have, we're younger than you..." my eyes narrowed up at Kasen. It was true, I barely have seen him around with his friends. He is usually with Easton, Cass, and me I. Kasen was a popular and friendly guy, I'm sure he had friends that weren't us.

"You wanna come to meet them?" Kasen questioned in which I nodded too. Once again, he laced our hands and walked in the direction of the backyard. "Hero, good to see you man," Kasen did a weird handshake with a quite muscular and tall guy. He had platinum blonde hair with black roots, his right arm filled with black ink, and had on a smiley face earing. I could tell he could be intimidated by the way he was staring at me.

"This is Eviana, Ev this is Hero," the guy smiled at me when my name was mentioned as if it brought back a memory. "So you're the girl that has the impossible Kasen wrapped around his finger," he grinned at me. I didn't know if to take that as a compliment or not. "I guess so," I looked at our hands which were still connected.

"Look who showed up," someone appeared at Hero's side. She was incredibly gorgeous. I could bet that she was a model. People would be jealous of her insanely clear skin and perfect body. "Babe, this is Eviana," Hero smirked as he wrapped his hand around the girl's waist and pulled her into his side.

"Gina, you got through with the science lab right?" Kasen questioned and her eyes flicked off me. "Yes, I did, thanks Kasen," she smiled at him. We walk a bit and I managed to relax myself around Gina. She was incredibly friendly even though she looked like she wasn't.

"Well, that was interesting..." I say as we walked back inside. I guess Kasen didn't respond because the blasting music was too much to hear over his voice. We stood in the living room as we reunited with our group. My eyes glanced at the tv screen which read the time. It was nearing twelve.

"Wine?" Kasen talked into my ear and I nod. I watch as he walked away, probably into the kitchen. "You think you'll be his new year's kiss?" Easton wiggled his eyebrows, grabbing my attention. "Isn't that a couple of thing?" I questioned. Easton rolled his eyes and lifted one eyebrow at me. "What?" Easton doesn't get to reply because Kasen reappeared with two plastic champagne glasses.

As my glass got empty, the minutes ticked down at it was only ten seconds away. The teenagers and young adults screamed the numbers around me.

"Three! Two!" As they chant the last number, Kasen grabbed me by the chin and crashed his lips down on mine. I was shocked at first but when the realization hit, I molded my lips with his as I kissed him back. My hands wrap around his belt as I tasted the familiar champagne on his lips or maybe the mint gum he was chewing before.

"Even if I have to beg you, Eviana Rose, will you please be my girlfriend?" Kasen breathlessly says, foreheads still touching. I stare into his eyes as I realized he wasn't joking. A vulnerable and nervous Kasen Rivear was asking me to be his girlfriend.

"Yes," I let out, and not a second later, his lips crashed down on mine. I wasn't into a lot of PDA but right now, I didn't care.

Why? Because I'm Kasen's girlfriend.