2

Sighing, I left my room and went downstairs for breakfast

Sighing, I left my room and went downstairs for breakfast. After having an eating disorder two years ago, my family makes sure that I eat breakfast with them every single morning. Being friends with the popular girl got me toxic attention. I know it's childish and I hate that their words got to me but it led me down a dark path. Thankfully, with therapy, I got through.

"Morning," I mumbled and took pancakes from the stack and onto my plate. My parents mumbled back a response and I sat down next to Ethan. "So honey, are you going to miss cheerleading?" My father asked me. I shrug but nodded. "I've done it since middle school so yeah, I'm kinda glad to be done with it."

My father owned his mechanic shop downtown and my mother owned a restaurant that had quite the ratings. Even if I wasn't her daughter I would have loved that place. "Ethan, you have football practice today right?" My mother clarified and my younger brother who sat beside me just nodded.

I finished up breakfast in silence while my parents talked. I heard my phone ringing downstairs so I ran up the staircase to answer it. Since it was about to end, I just slid across the screen and pressed the phone to my ear without looking at the caller ID. In my defense, I don't have many people calling me regularly so I assume it would've been Cassandra or my cousin.

"Hello," I sang into the phone with a smile on my face. "Hi, I'm calling about the pink goat," the familiar voice says. My body froze, not literally, and I could feel the color draining from my face. How did he figure out my number? "Shit, look buddy that was a harmless phone call I did for a friend," I quickly say into the phone and the person laughed.

"And who is this friend?" The man asked. I bite my lip nervously. Maybe I should just hang up and block his number. Then my curiosity talked me out of it. "I don't think my friend would like me telling you that," I replied.

"Oh," he let out a small laugh. "Well, what's your name?" He tried asking and I roll my eyes. "Stranger danger remember?" I flatly say.

"Sassy."

"Fine fine, you're right," he finally says. I stay quiet on the call and he spoke up again. "Do you really sell spray painted goats though?" He wondered, easily making me laugh. "No, that's terrible," I say between laughter.

"Yeah, yeah I agree..."

Once again, it got silent and I sigh.

"I have to go..."

"Okay, I'm Kasen by the way," he says into the phone, and seconds later, he hanged up.

Kasen.

Kasen. I instantly loved that name. How did Cassandra know this Kasen person? I couldn't stop thinking about him and our phone calls so to distract myself, I changed my clothes and walked downstairs with intention of going shopping.

"Hey honey, what are you doing today?" My mother questioned just as I was about to leave. "Going to get some stuff for storage, for my dorm," I explained before grabbing my car keys. "Okay, enjoy!" She kissed my forehead before letting me leave.

_♤_

Exhausted.

My body seriously needed a break from the amount of walking I did today. Maybe decor shopping wasn't the brightest idea. It served its purpose and I got Kasen out of my mind. However, I woke up to my phone vibrating under my pillow. Three in the morning. I was asleep and once again, I didn't look at the caller's name or number.

"Hey Goat seller."

I facepalmed and felt like shooting myself. I seriously need to look at the caller's name before answering. "What the hell? It's three in the morning," I huffed. Sleep disturber.

"I couldn't sleep and I just called you, I can't stop thinking about you," Kasen whispered the last few words and the flowers returned.

He feels the same.