25

"Hey," I spoke into the phone

"Hey," I spoke into the phone. I found it coincidental that Kasen was calling me just after I left my sister's apartment. "Why do you sound so startled?" He questioned and I pictured his eyebrows curving towards his nose. "I just found out the full story with my sister and I'm stuffed with Chinese, I don't know," I got into my car and put the phone on speaker before driving out of the parking lot.

"Well, I'm in the need of a distraction so I'm waiting at Starbucks for you."

"What?"

"Please come, I'm sure it isn't far," I could hear the plea in his voice. I sighed and agreed before ending the call, "I'll be there in five minutes. For the past couple of days, it was beginning to snow heavier. I really craved a hot coffee in this chilly weather.

True to my word I arrived in five minutes. My eyes scanned the busy place until I landed on Kasen's eyes. "Hey," I smiled and sat down opposite him. "Now vent to me, engineering is clouding my brain right now," he says while using his fingers to massage his temples.

"So Contrad, Alina's boyfriend, actually was forced to kidnap her and they escaped and whatever but she's going back with me for Christmas," I sighed but was actually really happy that she was coming. "Oh, that's an amazing love story and you're coming back right?" I stared at him. Does he think I'm not coming back?

"Obviously," I laughed. "Good, are you coming back before new Year because...my friends are renting out this house for a party and I know you don't do parties but you should come," Kasen insisted. I was suspicious for some reason but I chose to ignore it. "I'll be there," I promised.

Kasen and I ordered our coffees and decided to drink them outside on the benches in the park. It was beautiful this time of the year with the Christmas lights, music, and snow. I couldn't deny it. Kasen really took my mind off my sister, my parents, and Eli. Especially, school as well because it was getting so tough quickly. It felt nice opening up myself to someone who wasn't Easton since he was the only new friend in my life besides Kasen. It was good for the time that it lasted.

"Am I going to see you for the next three days?" Kasen asked as both of his hands found mine. In three days is when it would be Friday and we would be flying home to Ohio. "Yeah, I can come over tomorrow because I wanted to talk with Easton...we've been distant lately," I sighed remembering how it was difficult to form conversations with him compared to at the beginning of the semester. "Good," Kasen smiled before leaning in and pecking my lips. It was all over when he pulled away and began to walk to his car without a goodbye. But I guess the kiss was his goodbye.

_♤_

Last night Kasen came over for a movie night with pizza. How could Cassandra and I not let him in when he brought pizza?

It was now six in the afternoon and I was standing in front of Easton and Kasen's dorm room. After exhaling my deep breath, I was knocking on the door. "Eviana? What are you doing here?" Easton questioned.

"We need to talk," I stated. Easton nodded once before moving aside so I could come in. Once I was inside he shut the door and we both walked into the open living room. "I'm just going to get straight into it, I'm sorry that what happened between Eli and I had to affect our friendship. I never meant for us to do that at your house and I know you were excited to have everyone over and I'm sorry for ruining it. But even though Eli and I knew each other before I met you without even knowing who your brother was and I don't want to lose you as a friend especially when I feel so guilty about it," I made sure not to ramble on and on.

A sigh left his lips as he looked around the room but not near my eyes. Did I mess up that badly? "It was never you. It's hard making friends when they're only in it to get closer to my brother, that's how my entire life has been like," the corners of his lips tugged downwards," I was just mad that he ruined another friend of mine."

"I was scared it ruined it also, but we're good right? I don't think Eli matters in our friendship."

"No, he does not," Easton brought up his index finger like a pen to form a wavy line in the air making me laugh. "Thank Jesus," I admitted before throwing myself at Eason and wrapping my arms around him.