9

Kasen Rivear

Kasen Rivear

"I think I might like her, she seems interesting to me...I don't know..." I sighed.

"Kasen, please don't blow this."

"Why can't you just tell her already?" I question Cassandra, my anger rising inside. "Because I'm not ready, you said you liking someone wouldn't come in the picture," she reminded me and I couldn't help but let out a groan.

"I don't like her."

"You just said you do," she scoffed and stood up from the bed, naked before she started putting back on her clothes. "I said I might," I correct her and she glared at me.

"Don't blow this for me."

"Let me talk to her tonight then, she won't answer my calls," I admit with a frown. Cassandra scoffed but nodded anyway.

"Fine. I'll text you."

Eviana Rose

Cassandra insisted on having a movie night tonight with Kasen so I could get more comfortable with him. He mentioned that she didn't want me leaving every time he would appear. I didn't know she realized so I was forced to agree even though I didn't have a choice anyway.

Since I was the movie person, she told me to get some options and I just put out everything I brought with me to college. After I showered and changed into a hoodie and some short pants, I went outside where they both were sitting, waiting for me.

My eyes landed on Kasen's warm eyes. I notice how his lips pulled into a small smile. I looked away and to the ground as I walked to the other side of the sofa and sat down. So now Cassandra was sitting between us.

They decided on three movies. Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story, and Finding Nemo. Halfway through the first movie, I made popcorn that we all shared. It's been so long since I've had popcorn so I was eager to make it. I guess I was kind of annoyed. I didn't want to watch a movie right now, I should have been studying or talking to my parents or brother. I didn't want to be here also because what if I was third wheeling.

After Toy Story, Cassandra stood beside me and stretched out her legs and arms. "I'm gonna sleep," she says and yawns at the end. "What?" I question but she was already inside the room. I already wanted to be away from him. How could she leave me alone with him? Kasen was looking at me, grinning for some reason.

"So, Eviana, how's college?" Kasen wonders. I don't answer his question. Mostly because Cassandra left me outside with her boyfriend. "It's just small talk Ev," Kaden sighed. I rolled my eyes and unclenched my jaw as I chose to answer him.

"Good, interesting," I say truthfully and he laughed. "It is gonna get more difficult don't worry."

Somehow I got eased into talking to Kasen and I forgot all about the movie. It was strange talking to someone who doesn't know what happened in my past. Though the more you let someone into your life, the events of your past come to haunt them.