4.) Isaac Peters

Isaac

The cool morning wind greeted me as I slipped out of my house. I shivered. It may have been only the start of Winter, but it was freezing!

I drew my cloak closer around me, and headed off down the street towards the collage. At least there was only half a week left! And then I'd have to make my decision...

On the day before Winter break, I planned to ask out my best friend Annabeth Jackson. We'd been going to the same collage for almost a year, and been best friends since. But I wanted us to be more.

She wanted to be an architect. I wanted to be one too. But the truth is, I only want to become an architect because a.) I'm good at it and b.) I want to be closer to Annabeth.

Annabeth is beautiful. Her golden blonde hair cascades down her back in waterfalls of light. She has eyes like storm clouds, and a smile that could light up even the darkest of shadows. She wasn't like other girls, the ones who wore makeup and short skirts with crop-tops. Her style was completely her. She never wore makeup or heels. She never wore mini skirts or crop tops. Instead she wore jeans and tee-shirts.

That's what made her perfect.

As I walked down to the collage, all I thought of was her. She was amazing, and I was in love with her.

•••

"Hey." The most beautiful voice spoke softly. Annabeth came and sat down next to me, just as the lesson started.

"Hey." I greeted in return. We got to design a building. It had to have a use; for example, a school. Annabeth designed a cabin thing. I designed a garden shed.

I went to another few lessons, but none with Annabeth. Then I walked home.

The next day, the same routine happened. And then came Friday. There was a party that night, and that was when I planned to ask her.

But when the time came, I couldn't find her. She mustn't have come. I left with a broken heart.

•••

I found her again a year later. She was walking across the road from where I worked, at our rival architect company, Jackson Incorporated. "Annabeth!" I yelled. She looked up and smiled.

"Hey Isaac." She greeted, and I walked with her. And we talked. We went and got coffee, and talked about stuff. Then the time came. We were silently staring at a passing by pedestrian walking his dog, and I decided to ask her out.

"Hey Annabeth, I was wondering if you-"

Ring! Annabeth's phone sang. She mouthed, sorry gotta take this, and pressed it to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked. Silence. "Hey Percy."

Whose Percy? I thought to myself. "Yeah, I gotta tell you something too - mmm, yeah - that would be nice - love you too, bye." She hung up.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"My husband Percy." And just like that - my hopes crumpled.

•••

We didn't meet again for another six months. And when we did, I hd quit my job as an architect and pursued my dream as a doctor.

When I saw her again, she was giving birth to two beautiful children. A boy and a girl. Zoë and Luke Jackson.

I also met her husband, the famous Olympic swimmer Percy Jackson.

I may have never gotten Annabeth, but I did learn something:

Don't chase what is already lost, unless you have a good reason why.

-

A/N:

That wasn't as long as I expected, oh well.