Hockey with the Hughes brothers

"Come on Y/N how long do you need to put on some skates?" my best friend Y/F/N said mockingly. "I'm done!" I answered while rolling my eyes in amusement.
My best friend and I met to skate. It's October so we are finally able to do so after a long 6 months without ice.

On the ice is the only time when all negative thoughts leave my mind and my head is finally free.
It's the only place where I can turn off my head and live in the moment.
My friend just sees it as a fun activity but I see it as escaping my everyday life for a while.

We walk out to the rink. Today there are quite a lot of people even though the arena just opened a few minutes ago. Y/F/N and I skate a few laps to relearn skating. It was a weird feeling to step on the ice but at the same time, it felt like I was finally home.
During the first few rounds, we skated around while holding hands to help each other. But we still fell at least twice.
"So are you happy the season started again? I mean finally watching hockey and skating?" she asked me. "Yeah, it's nice. I mean you know how I feel about being on the ice." I responded but she just rolled her eyes. "Yes, and I think it is ridiculous to feel like that about...a thing." We argue about that every time. She thinks I'm nuts for feeling like that. But a lot of people go running because then they just stop thinking and I go ice-skating. I don't do any sports on ice like hockey or figure skating but I enjoy the atmosphere. Just like, people like summer and the beach I like winter and ice rinks.

We continue with our skating barely talking. I know that we aren't really mad at each other but no one wanted to break the silence.
But then I bumped into someone and fell. A guy. He looked familiar. "Sorry, I haven't seen you. I'm Quinn," He said with a handsome smile while holding his hand out to help me up. "It's no problem I should have looked where I was going. I'm Y/N." I said equally while grabbing his hand. "You two don't happen to play hockey?" He asked looking at me and Y/F/N. "No...we don't play hockey, why?" I responded with a raised brow. And then I realized...it's Quinn Hughes! He plays for the Vancouver Canucks in the NHL.
"Well me and my brothers Jack and Luke are making a YouTube channel and we wanted to film a video when the rink is closed. We want to teach nonhockey players hockey and do a little challenge at the end with a little two on two. Are you two in?" He asked and he looked like he wanted us to say yes.
I turned around to Y/F/N "Do you have any plans for today?" I asked her with a huge grin on my face. "No, but I'm pretty sure I will soon," she said.
Then I turned back to Quinn but instead of Quinn, another guy stood there. He was about the same height as him but he had lighter and longer hair than him. "Um, you aren't Quinn..." I said slow and quiet. "Uh...Yeah...I'm Jack. Quinn had to answer a call. So are you two in?" "Yes, yes we are," I told Jack.

"Okay so here is the changing room. Take a seat. I'll bring the two of you your hockey gear." Jack said. "OMG! It's Jack Hughes!" Y/F/N fangirled. "I know," I said laughing and shaking my head.
He then brought us the gear and waited for us outside.

"So you've really never played hockey?" Jack asked on the way to the rink. "No, why are you asking?"
"Well, you two seem like you have some experience on the ice. You looked very confident out there..." Jack said. I was flattered hearing that from a professional. I just smiled and looked to the ground.

On the rink were Luke, who held the camera, and Quinn, who looked like he was filming the intro or some part of the video. He was waving to us so the three of us skated to him. "So like I've already told you, we have two guests today in this video. This is Y/N," Quinn pointed to me and I waved "And this is Y/F/N," he pointed to my best friend "Today we'll be doing a little challenge. Both of our guests have never played hockey in their life and we made it our task to teach them and in the end, there will be a bit of two on two, Jack and me on different teams obviously. So let's get started!" Quinn said while clapping his hands.