Delivery service & the getaway

I was standing in front of a door with 7 boxes of pizza. I rang the doorbell and a blonde-haired girl opened. It's Abby. She goes to my school and she hates me. I don't have a clue to what I did to her...I could hear the loud music coming from behind her. She's throwing a party. "Uhm...I didn't order these" She said arrogantly while looking my body up and down "nice fit" she said sarcastically. I just ignored it. She turned around and shouted into the house "Did anyone order 7 boxes of pizza?!" a guy with fluffy brown hair raised his hand and said that he did. Abby turned back to me annoyed gave me the money and took the boxes. Then she slammed the door. I turned around and mumbled to myself "Enjoy your meal and honor us again soon..."

That was my last delivery for the day. It was exhausting and now I just wanted to drive home, but I needed to refuel. So I drove to the nearest gas station. I tanked, paid and now I'm just sitting in my car staring out. Suddenly I saw a skinny kinda tall guy with brown hair running and it looked like he was running in the direction of my car. And I was right. He stopped next to my car and knocked on my window. "Can you please let me in?" I just shook my head "Please it's important." he said desperately. "No, I'm not letting a stranger in my car. You could be a murderer!" I shouted at him. Then I heard excited screams. Girly excited screams. They screamed "Jack! Wait! Can we please have a picture and can you give us an autograph?!" The boy looked like he is panicking. He grabbed the door handle of my car and opened the door. Shoot! I forgot to lock the door. "Could you drive? Like NOW?!" he said "Okay, okay, okay! I'm driving!" I responded. I started the engine and drove away from those screaming girls.

He turned to face me "Wait, I have a question...do you know who I am?" I parked a couple of blocks away from the gas station. I slowly nodded my head "Okay listen, please don't scream, alright? I'll give you an autograph or-" but I cut him off "What makes you think that I'm a fangirl?" he wanted to say something but I kept going "I can't believe it! Just because I know who you are, doesn't mean I'm into you! I mean why would I, your hockey sucks!" I practically screamed at him in disbelief "Alright, I'm sorry. But basically everywhere I go there is at least one girl that knows me and who wants something of me." He said while shrugging his shoulders. I just blew the air out of my nostrils. "I really don't care, okay? So where should I drop you off?" I asked quite annoyed "Well there's another thing that you could do," he said innocently "What now?" I asked annoyed "Well, I don't have anywhere to stay because I basically run away from the arena because of those girls and I don't know where the team is staying and my phone isn't charged...so could I stay with you for an hour or so?" he practically begged me. "Fine. But after the hour you'll leave." I said he agreed. So I drove to my place. I live with my parents. I have a big sister but she already moved out. I turned around to face him "Okay, you have to be quite my parents are sleeping, but they have a very light sleep. So you make any noises and they wake up. They would kill me if they knew I brought a guy home." I told him.

I opened the door and we went in. We would have to go upstairs past my parent's room to get to mine. We sneaked up but on the last stair, Jack tripped. I stood there waiting if there are any noises from my parents while looking at Jack with a mad expression on my face. He tried to give me an innocent look, but that failed. After a minute I still couldn't hear anything. I guess we are lucky today. Finally, in my room, I threw my shoes and my Jacket off and plopped on my bed. Jack was standing at my door not sure where to go. I waved him in and I pointed to my right. He sat down beside me and now we were sitting here in my room. Me and a famous hockey player that I can't even stand.

"The socket is next to you under my nightstand," I whispered. He turned around to plug in his phone. "So since you don't like me...who do you like then?" he asked me. "Well I like your brother Quinn, he's a good defenseman and he had a far better first season than you did." I shrugged my shoulders. "So you're a Canucks fan?" he asked "Well no, not really. I like them but they aren't my favorite team. My favorite team is still New Jersey, but your hockey just wasn't good that's why I don't really like you. I mean everyone thought you're going to be the next Ovechkin or Crosby...you were really good in the USNTDP, but then in the NHL it was like you weren't quite ready for it..." I told him honestly. "I know. But it's hard to change something that you've done basically your whole life and then you suddenly need to change your plays and tactics. I know my rookie season could have been better and I know that I let down many people..." he said sadly. "Hey, I didn't mean to upset you. Yes, your rookie season was trash but you have a whole career ahead of you. Your second season could be a lot better and if not you know that you have to work harder. You're the youngest player at the moment and you aren't the tallest, but here you are playing in the NHL trying to prove everyone wrong who doesn't believe in you!" I said to him "And you may have let down some people...but those puck bunnies will forever love you if you keep looking like this" I said with a smile and I could see that he's smiling too. "Well I guess then I'll try my best to look always attractive" he chuckled. I suddenly realized how close we were sitting. He stared into my eyes. It felt like he looked right into my soul. We got closer. I think I even closed my eyes. But then his phone turned on he got millions of messages. I quickly sat back when I realized what almost happened. I almost kissed a boy that I didn't even really like, I guess. Jack grabbed his phone and looked at the messages with a frowny face. He texted someone. Probably to find out where his teammates are staying.

"Well Kyle told me that they are at the Maple Tree Hotel, do you know where that is?" Jack asked me "Yeah that's half an hour away with the car. Should I drive you there?" I asked back. "That would be great, thanks" Then we got up. I put my shoes back on grabbed my keys and left the house.

We haven't really talked on the ride. Then we arrived at the hotel. He was about to leave when he sat back looked at me and got closer. I wanted to move but I couldn't. He closed his eyes and so did I. His hands cupped my face and he pulled me closer. Our lips finally touched. There was a wave of feelings that I've never felt before. It was incredible. Jack pulled back and looked at me again. "Since my phone disrupted us in your room...I still wanted to get what we almost did in your room." he smiled. "Can I have your number? I want to stay in contact, even though my hockey sucks and you dislike me." Jack requested. I nodded and gave him my phone number "Yes, your hockey sucks, but I don't dislike you. I never really did. I dislike your skills at the moment, but they will improve. I never hated you as a person." the last sentence was just a whisper and I wasn't sure if he even heard that part "Good night, Y/N" he said while winking "Good night, Jack" I responded.

He got out of my car closed the door and walked away. Jack turned around one last time to wave at me. I smiled and waved back. Then I couldn't see him anymore. Once again I stared out of the window. I thought back to what happened today. It still feels like his lips were on mine. I touched my lips with my fingers and I smiled. I would've never thought that I would save a hockey player from screaming girls and that I would end up kissing him and get his number...