Remember me?

I played hockey since I was around 7 years old. I grew up in Mississauga, Ontario and that's also where I first stepped on the ice. Then when I was around 10 the girl's hockey team was broken up. Then I started to play with the boys. One boy became my best friend.  Then he moved back to the US and we lost contact. This boy's name is Jack Hughes.

So now 8 years later I've officially graduated and I'm now on a road trip with my best friends Carter and Josh. The road trip started off with visiting Minneapolis, Minnesota than Wisconsin, then Illinois, after that Indiana and Ohio and finally New Jersey. We will be staying in New Jersey for a week. We've made a lot of plans such as watching hockey, doing a city tour of Newark, going to museums, etc.  

Tonight will be the game of the New Jersey Devils, where I will see my old best friend after 8 years. I hope he remembers me. When I was young I used to have a major crush on Jack and when he moved I cried a lot. But we both were busy with our Hockey career so we lost contact and since then I never really heard from him until he got drafted by the New Jersey Devils. Tonight will be the first time the two Hughes brothers will face each other in the NHL. My friends and I got VIP tickets, 'cause Carter's uncle works for the Devils as GM. I'm actually quite nervous because Carter told me that the whole Hughes family will be there. They will be sitting right next to us.

"Y/N how long are you staying in the bathroom? I need to pee! Open the f*cking door or I'll break it!" I heard Josh scream from the other side of the door. "HURRY!!! OR I'LL PEE MY PANTS! I'M SERIOUS!" he called out again. "Just wait a second I just have to finish curling one strand of hair!" I shouted back at him. I heard banging at the door  and I finally opened it. An agonized looking Josh stormed in, pushed me out of the room and shut the door. Then I heard a lout "pshhhhhh" and a moan of relief. I walked giggling in the living room where Carter was sitting on the couch with his laptop on his lap. "Hey Munchkin!" he said when he saw me. "Hey BFG, so what were you doing?" "Oh nothing just checking the game odds for tonight," he said. "So do you think the Devils will win or the Canucks?" I asked him "To be honest Munchkin I hope for the Canucks..." he said. Then Josh came into the room "Dude are you serious? They couldn't win the last 10 times they met the Devils." Josh reminded him. "I mean yeah, but today could be the end of this losing-streak." "Yeah sure," I said while rolling my eyes. "Anyways are you guys ready, because we need to leave in a few," Carter said obviously pissed at Josh and me. Carter, Josh and I all wore our jerseys. Carter wore Elias Petterson's #40. Josh wore #29 for Mackenzie Blackwood and I wore #13 of Nico Hischier.

We arrived at the Prudential center just in time. We got to our seats and as Carter told me, Ellen, Jim, and Luke were sitting beside us. Luke has gotten so big! Ellen and Jim haven't really changed, they aged a bit, but that's normal. I saw that Ellen was talking to Jim about something while Luke looked confused. I wonder what they're talking about...Ellen and Jim both looked at me and then talked to each other again. Well, I guess they are talking about me..."Hey, aren't you Y/N by any chance?" Jim asked me "Yes it is me..." I said smiling "Oh my gosh how long has it been? Like what, 7 years?" Ellen asked in disbelief "Actually 8 almost 9" I said. "Wow, you've grown into a beautiful woman Y/N" "Thanks a lot" I answered flattered, then an announcement was made that puck drop will be in a minute. During that minute we just talked a bit while Luke, Carter, and Josh discussed the upcoming game.

After the game that the Devils have won 1-0 with Jack's first career goal. The Hughes family, Josh, Carter and me were headed to meet Jack and Quinn after the game. Jack and Quinn talked until they saw us. They immediately walked up to their parents and Luke and gave them a big hug. Then they noticed us three. I could see the confusion in their faces. Then, after what seemed like forever Quinn was the first one to understand who I was. I'd hoped Jack would be first. I guess he really does not remember me. "Is that you Y/N?" Quinn asked with disbelief in his tone "Yep, that's me." I said kinda disappointed but with a smile. Then Quinn turned around to Jack who's just staring at me with his mouth slightly open. "Jack, don't you remember her?" Quinn asked his brother but Jack isn't answering. He slowly begins to walk up to me as if he is trying to figure out if it is really me. Then suddenly he just hugs me with a big bear kinda hug. I believe we stood there for at least 3 minutes without saying anything. Just him and me. Him holding my head against his chest. His heart was racing.
It felt like everyone was afraid to break the silence. Tears were rolling down my cheeks because I've realized how much I missed him.
Then I heard a soft sobbing right next to my ear. "Are you crying?" I asked carefully with a shaky voice and he just nods. I looked over his shoulder and I saw that Ellen signed that they will give us some time. Then Jack finally spoke up "I can't believe it's you. I have missed you so much ever since I had to move." "I missed you too. It feels too good to be true to finally feel one more of your familiar, warm and comfy hugs." I told him.

A/N: Do you want me to write another part of this image?