Blue eyes and sundowns

Today is my 17th birthday. But it's also the worst day of my life. My boyfriend Chase cheated on me with my best friend Anna, so I'm basically homeless since Anna and I lived together in an apartment near the college and my other two friends ditched me to go to an amusement park.

I sat on my own in a small cafe in the corner in the back, where nobody could see me. The waitress gave me a lot of pitiful looks. I had been crying and I bet you could still see that I did.

The door opened and a group of loud boys came in. They all looked so happy. They were walking in my direction but sat at a table in front of me. They all looked around my age, but I didn't care. Although my heart was aching I looked at those boys and I was happy for them because they had each other. I just wished I wouldn't have to go through this pain. I wish I would've just listened to all of the people telling me that Chase was cheating on me, but I was blinded by the fact that someone loved me, so I thought at least.

I heard the boys talking until suddenly they went all quiet. Then this boy started to speak "Have you heard about Chase?" the boy with black hair asked. "Yeah, didn't he cheat on that girl he was dating?" a boy with dark brown hair answered "Well I heard he has been cheating since the beginning. That girl wouldn't let him do, you know what" Another boy said. I guess they're talking about me...only one of those boys hadn't said anything he looked like he was thinking about something. "Hey, Jack have you heard about that girl?" someone asked the boy who hadn't said anything. "Huh? Uh...no" Jack said while shrugging his shoulders. "Man, where are you with your thoughts? Is it about that Emily girl who left you months ago?" The boy with the black hair said. "No, and she didn't leave me, she cheated on me with a guy from College," Jack said pissed. "You know what, I'll go to the restroom and when I'm back we aren't talking about that poor girl or cheating in general!" Jack hissed a bit too loud so that other people turned around with mad faces. Jack was about to go to the restroom, which was somewhere behind me when he noticed me. "Hey, are you alright? You look like you've been crying," he said with a soft voice. "Yeah I'm fine," I told him with a mournful tone in my voice. But he did not leave. He sat down across from me. "Well lucky for you I don't believe you," he said. And that's when I started to cry again.

Somehow his blue eyes seemed to look through each of my facets. And somehow he managed to make me trust him. So I told him everything that has happened. "When I came home I found my best friend and my boyfriend, well ex, laying on the couch making out. She was about to pull off his shirt when they both noticed me. Y/F/N had a guilty look on her face, but my ex had a smile on his face as if he was enjoying to see the pain in my face. You could see the satisfaction on his face and that was, even more, hurting then the fact that I had just lost two of the most important people of my life..." "I know how you feel...it wasn't that long ago that I'd felt the same, but mine was still a bit different," Jack told me. I just looked at him to let him know it is okay if he doesn't want to tell me. But he kept going "One day I wanted to surprise my girlfriend after a one-week-long hockey road trip. But when I got to her room I found her under a brown-haired boy. At first, I couldn't move I just froze. But then I started to realize, what was really happening and I stormed out." I remember that. Around two months ago, an angry-looking boy almost ran me over and I was mad about it. I remember ranting about it to Y/F/N.

"You know what? Let's get out of here. Let's get out of this depressing cafe and do something fun to cheer us up." Jack suggested. "Yeah, I think that'll be best" so we got up and I took my coat. When we passed Jack's friends they looked confused. "Eh man, where are you going?" the black-haired boy shouted. But Jack just ignored him and we went to his car. We drove for 30 minutes before Jack pulled over. During the whole ride, we didn't talk but that was alright. It was a good calming silence. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Just wait and see...we will have to walk a bit, though," Jack responded. We got out of the car. We had to walk 10 minutes before Jack stopped and sat down. We were at a cliff and it was beautiful. You could hear the birds singing and the water splashing. It was calming. Together we were sitting here and watching the sundown. When the sun was completely gone Jack turned to me. " I know it might be too early for you, the wounds may be too fresh, but I still gotta ask you something. I just met you today but you've been one of the only people who seem to understand me. So I wanted to ask if you want to go on a date with me someday if you don't want to that's okay, I'll-" I interrupted him by pulling him close and united our lips. It felt like the world stopped and the only thing that existed was him and me. I know it is early but it just felt right. Jack pulled away and just looked at me. His hair was a mess and his lips were swollen. I'm pretty sure I don't look better. We kept looking in the eyes of each other when suddenly he pulled me in for a quick kiss. After that, he put his arm around my shoulders and I leaned my head on his...