Moving out

It has always been my dream to move to another country. Besides my family, nothing is holding me here in Germany. Some people feel like they were born as the wrong gender and I feel like I wasn't born in the right country. I don't feel like I belong here. I don't feel at home. So I decided once I graduate and had enough money I would move to the US.

In the summer of 2020, I finally graduated. I already booked a flight for the 1st of October, so I could still spend some time with my family. My family, friends and I tried to spend every second together. We did not want to waste any time. My Friends and I went to the movies, to escape rooms and a lot of other things. Meanwhile, my family helped me to find a nice apartment in New Jersey. We found one near Newark. Then they helped me pack. And it was hard because I realized I would be on my own very soon and I wouldn't get to see them as often.

October 1st came faster than you can imagine. It felt like somebody snapped with their finger and suddenly the time was up. I had to be at the airport around 6 am because my flight would be at 8. I already said goodbye to my friends yesterday and now I have to say goodbye to my Family. I will spare you the details. It got ugly, we cried a lot. And I mean A LOT!

Now I am at the airport in Newark and I am waiting for my Uber. I'm glad that the flight was over. Next to me was an old lady who was very kind but wore too much perfume. After the 13 hour flight, I just wanted to sleep. 

*****

A few weeks later I finally settled in. Now everything was how I wanted it to be. I have also found a job. I work in an office. It's actually not as boring as it sounds. My co-workers are all nice and helpful plus I get paid well. I made one friend at the office her name is Alyssa. She has brown curly hair, is also very short just like me and we share the same interest for hockey. Alyssa actually invited me to a game of the New Jersey Devils vs the Toronto Maple Leafs. I can't wait to be at my first NHL game. 

*****

"Hey Y/N!" Alyssa called for me in front of the Prudential Center. We decided to meet here because it was better than to pick each other up since Alyssa lives basically at the other end of town. She is wearing a Nico Hischier jersey. I don't, because I don't own any jerseys. "So do you wanna buy yourself a jersey in the shop before puck drop?" she asked me "Most definitely yes!" I said enthusiastically. We got into the shop and I already knew whose jersey I would be wearing.  I picked the number 86. "So you are a Hughes fan?" Alyssa asked with a raised brow. "Yes?" I said while shrugging my shoulders. "He may not be the best player now, but just wait a few seasons," I said "Don't think I am a puck bunny, because I'm not. Just because I like the player that almost every bunny likes, doesn't mean that I am one. I actually watch Hockey for the sport and not just because of the players. They are just a nice extra." I defend myself. Alyssa bursts out laughing and I don't get why..."They are a nice extra?" she quoted me still laughing "Just shut up!" I rolled my eyes. I paid and then we went to get snacks and drinks.

We just arrived in time for warm-ups. Our seats were in the first line. I see that Alyssa is looking for someone, I just have no idea for who. She seems to scan the ice as if she's trying to find a player. Probably Nico, he seems to be her favorite. After a minute she found the one she was looking for. Alyssa waves her arms to try to get this someone's attention. And soon enough number 13 skated in our direction. While I was looking confused at Alyssa, she got up to greet Nico. "Hey, Aly how are you?" Nico asked her. "I'm alright. Haven't heard from you in a while though," she answered. Nico said: "Yeah I was busy. we just had a road trip and we had a lot of practices lately..." "It is alright, I just worried you wouldn't want to hear from me anymore..." she said sadly. "So who's that friend of yours?" "Oh, that is Y/N," Alyssa answered. "Hey," I said shyly. "Nice to meet you. I have to go back to the others," he said while pointing to his teammates. Alyssa quickly waved, before Nico skated away. "So you and Nico?"I asked her with a raised brow. But from Alyssa, I just got a little glance before she turned her, now redhead, away from me.

*****

The game is over and the Devils have won 3-0 against the Toronto Maple Leafs. "So do you have anything planned for the rest of the day yet?" Alyssa questioned me. And I told her that I did not. "Sooo...do you wanna hang at my place for a bit? A few friends will also come over." " Yeah, why not?" I said while shrugging my shoulders.

We met back at her apartment because we both drove in our own car. Her apartment is smaller than mine. She lives on the 6th floor. When you open the door you get into a small hallway that turns to a medium-big living room. Everything is white or beige. She also owns quite a few plants that are hanging off the ceiling or standing on the windowsills. After around 30 minutes that Alyssa and I spend with old stories, we told each other the doorbell rang.

*****

I couldn't believe my eyes when Nico and Jack arrived and casually just walked in the living room. Alyssa must have seen that my eyes have gotten big and she starts to laugh. "Y/N don't look so shocked, they are just normal people." "Yeah, but I am used to see them on TV and not in real life..." I told her while the guys looked quite confused. "So this is Y/N she basically just moved here to New Jersey. And Y/N that is Jack and Nico, but I think you already knew that." she went over to Nico and gave him a little kiss on his lips. Ok so I didn't expect that, but at this point, nothing should surprise me anymore. We all talked about a lot. Basically about everything. The guys are pretty nice. But it is getting kinda late.

"Guys I think I have to go home. I have to get out early..." I said. Alyssa brought me to the door after I said goodbye to Nico and Jack. "It was nice having you here. I hope we will repeat that soon." Alyssa said to me at the door and I could just agree. We hugged and then I went to the elevator. I am way too tired and lazy to walk down the stairs. "Y/N wait!!" a voice called for me. I stopped and I saw Jack running around the corner. "You forgot your keys," he said while giving me the keys. "Thank you," I said politely. "Would you mind if I escort you to your car? It is dark and this area isn't the best." Jack asked me "Of course." I said with a smile on my face. And then we waited for the elevator in silence. After a while, it got kind of weird, but then the elevator doors opened. "So how do you like Jersey so far?" Jack asked while breaking the awkward silence. "It is definitely different than Germany but I like it better." 

Outside we just walk next to each other. I parked around 10 minutes away from Alyssas Apartment because all the parking lots were taken. It's freezing and I'm shivering. "Hey Y/N take my Pullover," Jack said while handing me his shirt. I took it thankfully and put on the sweater. It smelled like Jack. And I really liked it. "You look good in my sweater, better than I do actually. I could get used to this view," he said smirking. I just shook my head and smiled. I believe I turned red because I feel the warmth in my cheeks.

As we arrive at my car I'm about to give Jack his shirt back but he refuses. "Keep it. I have enough of them." "Thanks. Not just for the sweater but also for bringing me my keys and for the escorting. That's very kind of you and not everyone would have done that." I said one again shy while I looked at my feet. "No problem.  I would always do it for a beautiful woman like you" He answered "But I have one more question...can I get your number?" he asked with a massive smile on his face. At least I think he is smiling, I can't really tell in the dark. "Of course. Just give me your phone." He handed me his phone and I typed in my number. "Thanks, Y/N. Can I ask you another thing?" I just nod. He took a deep breath "Sodoyouwannagoonadatesometime?" He said too fast to understand "Sorry, what did you say?" I asked confused. Once again he took a deep breath "Do you wanna go on a date with me some time?" he asked still fast but this time I could understand. "For sure," I told him while nodding and smiling like an idiot. "Okay, so I guess I will see you soon. I'll text you about the date later." Jack said kinda shy. "Alright, I will be waiting." I let him know. "See you," He said after he hugged me "Yeah see you," I said and then I got into my car.

A/N: I just wanted to let you guys know that you can send me ideas for imagines. Just comment them or text them to me over the Wattpad DMs. :)