Chapter 13 - What do you think, Rose?

A/N: I've been gone for a while, and I apologize for that. I realized that if I rush too much into posting these chapters, I won't focus while editing them. We've got all the time in the world, so why be in a hurry? :) I've been writing every day though, don't worry about that. This story will be finished. 

To make up for my absence, here's an extra-long chapter. Enjoy. 

...

About two weeks later, I make my way to BTS' practice room. Time passes fast, and it's almost Christmas.

Which, for everyone else, means the beginning of a calmer time one can spend with loved ones. Well, for everyone else but Idols.

For idols, Christmas means the start of award shows, resulting in all of Bangtan spending twelve hours a day in the practice room. I might work and live with Jungkook, and still, I barely see him.

I can feel he's on edge, which makes me feel on edge as well. For the first time since I've known him, Jungkook really does seem stressed, and that is relieving and frightening at the same.

Frightening because it puts emphasis on how much impact these award shows have on idols.

Relieving because up to this point, I genuinely believed that Jungkook wasn't capable of feeling negative emotions like the rest of us humans. Him being stressed contradicts that belief.

"Top of the morning to you, Rose," Jimin greets me while ruffling my hair as I enter their room.

"Jimin-ah, leave that poor girl alone," Jin scolds him from across the room. "Your hands are sweaty, don't touch her beautiful hair."

Jin's protective words over me make me blush – this guy is just so damn charming without even trying-, but I try to move on by saying to Jimin: "You're in a cheerful mood today, oppa."

"And you aren't," Jimin retorts while raising his eyebrows at the iced coffee I'm holding in my hand. "What's with all the caffeine? Or did you bring it for Jungkook?"

I shake my head. "No, Jungkook oppa doesn't even like coffee. He just pretends to like it so that people think of him as an adult." My words make both of us snicker.

"Hey," Jungkook, who's been talking to their trainer until now, glares at me. "Careful there, Rose. I heard that."

"Just ignore that little brat.", Jimin merrily says. "What makes you so tired, though? Did you stay up too late working?"

"No." I shake my head, as I've improved my time management lately. Then I lower my voice, as I don't want Jungkook to hear my next sentence. "It's just... I haven't been able to sleep very well lately. Strange dreams waking me up."

Truthfully, I've been having nightmares again. Nightmares about the man who killed himself. That whole situation confuses me because the incident with the suicide was two months ago, and I had almost forgotten about it. Why is it suddenly affecting me again?

"Hmm." Jimin offers me a sympathetic smile. "We've all been there. Hang on tight, Rose-ah. I'm sure it's just phase that won't last forever."

"Yes," I say quietly. "I hope so too."

...

The same evening, someone knocks on the door of my room. Well, actually, it can only be Jungkook. It's only the two of us in this spacious apartment.

I've spent the last hour after dinner reading, hoping that it would calm me down enough to fall asleep easily later on.

"Come in," I say.