Chapter 21 - Of Chasing Ghosts

The following two chapters are some of my faves. Enjoy the time with our favorite maknae line bros, hehe

PS: Sometimes Wattpad doesn't notify you when a new chapter is posted... so make sure you've read the previous ones before this one. 

...

And then, we leave for the tour.

If someone asked me afterward how the first weeks of the tour went, then I wouldn't be capable to describe it. I get sucked in into a whirlwind of interviews, concerts, rushed meetings in the make-up rooms, and forced naps in never-ending drives around the country.

So, in conclusion, Jungkook was right. Yes, the tour is stressful, but it's also incredibly interesting and it's definitely something I can handle. Besides, watching how happy the boys make the fans by performing really warms my heart and reminds me of why any of us are doing this. At the end of the day, it's about giving others the strength to follow their dreams and achieve everything they want in life.

One afternoon two weeks in – we're currently in Chicago after BTS has successfully concluded the Californian part of the tour – I manage to order some food from the best Korean restaurant in town for the boys. It's crazy how Koreans are fond of their food. If they can't have it, all they do is dreaming of it until they can finally taste it again.

Satisfied, I watch everyone pass around the dumplings and noodles when Taehyung calls me over. "Come eat some noodles, Rosie."

I've been avoiding noodles as part of my diet, but I don't want to decline Taehyung's offer in front of everyone as it would seem quite rude.

Jungkook smirks at me amusedly at Taehyung's "Rosie". We both know that unlike with Jungkook, I'm not comfortable enough with Taehyung to ask him to stop calling me that, so I'll just have to endure it. However, I place all my bets on the fact that Jungkook is not going to leave it alone once it's just the two of us ("If Tae hyung is allowed to call you that, so am I,").

I walk over to him and accept the clean chopsticks he's offered me. "Thank you, oppa."

Then, I start eating the noodles, which, I have to admit, are extremely delicious. Suddenly, I freeze as I catch Yoongi staring at me from the corner of my eye.

Yoongi out of all people. While I know he's not a bad guy, I'm not really sure how to interact with him since he's fairly closed off.

"M-May I help you?", I ask hesitantly.

"No." He just shakes his head. "I was just impressed. For a foreigner, you eat so well with chopsticks. Very natural. "

Oh. Even though he means well, I can't stand these types of comments. I hate it when Koreans treat me like a foreigner, especially since I've been living in their country for almost eight years.

Before I can answer, Jungkook butts in. "Why wouldn't she, hyung? She's lived in Korea for many years. She's barely a foreigner."

Excuse me? With an open mouth, I stare at him. Is my boss even aware of the freaking irony in this situation? If there's one person who's never failed to remind me that I'm a foreigner, then it's Jungkook. And suddenly, he's defending me? What got into him today?

While Jungkook fails to see the irony in the situation, Jimin clearly does as he giggles at my shocked face. "Did you have a change of heart, Jungkookie?"

"What do you mean?", Jungkook turns around to see the two of us visibly trying not to laugh and narrows his eyes. "Why are you making these faces?"

Jimin and I exchange knowing glances.

"No reason, oppa," I respond with an innocent face. "Just enjoy your food, hmm?"