Chapter 33 - Outsider

Hello! 

I'm back, for real this time. I'm sorry for disappearing on you. While writing the book, I realized that posting simultaneously distracted me too much. 

However, the good news is that I've finished writing this story!! It's truly been a journey. While this was supposed to only be a short project, it ended up being the longest book I've ever written. (Kind of like lockdown, lol. It was only supposed to be for a month and now, in November, it's still not over.) 

But enough about that. Be ready for spamming from my part in the next few weeks. 

Yours, 

Eva x 

...

The tour carries on, and so far, nothing special has happened. I stay inside the hotels or concert venues most of the time, as per management. The boys perform amazingly well as usual, and the fans are full of support and energy.

But there's also one teeny tiny problem with fans being supportive, being that sometimes they can be too supportive and hype the members up a little too much. Resulting in Jungkook going too hard during the dance break at their concert in Cologne and injuring his ankle.

Oh, and not telling anyone about it at first, because he's too proud. Jimin is the first one to notice his younger member's limp the next day, just a few hours before the concert in Paris. After rehearsal, Jungkook starts limping.

"Jungkookie?", he asks him, as we all hang out in the backstage room. "Are you alright?"

"Of course, hyung," the young man answers while attempting to offer Jimin a reassuring smile which does not work on anyone who even remotely knows him. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Jimin points to his ankle. "You're dragging your foot."

"No, I'm not," he laughs nervously. "You must be imagining things."

"No, he's not," Taehyung, who's sitting next to me on one of the couches, butts in. "I see it too."

"And me as well," I add, immediately earning a glare from Jungkook who expected me to cover for him. Except I won't, because if Jungkook ignores his health problems, they will only worsen, and then he won't be able to perform at all. So instead, I just provocatively raise one eyebrow at him. If this was the other way around, Jungkook would have already yelled at me for not paying the doctor a visit right away.

Simultaneously, Jungkook starts hissing in pain and sitting down on the floor, holding his ankle.

Jin, who hasn't been paying any attention to his younger member's bickering, stares at Jungkook with widened eyes, as everyone gathers around him. "Jungkookie? What happened?"

"It just started... hurting more," Jungkook manages to press out. "Feels like my foot got electrocuted."

Jimin and I exchange worried glances before I go get a doctor. Fifteen minutes later, after taking a look at Jungkook's foot, the French emergency doctor announces that he (...) and shouldn't move his ankle in the foreseeable future.

Jungkook angrily scoffs at this. "Can someone please explain in English to that man that it is my job to fucking move that ankle? I need to dance!"

"Jungkook," RM says quietly, "I don't think you have a choice."

"It's just for a week or so," Jin tries to soothe him, completely downplaying the doctor's words at the same time, who did definitely not state he only had to take a week-long break.

"Thank you," I quickly tell the doctor and escort him out of the room since I've got the instinct that Jungkook is about to explode any moment now. It's been a while since I've witnessed him this angry. Even though I don't believe anger is a suitable word for his current emotions. Rather frustration.