"The Riddle And Trace"

After searching for a long time, Kabir finds a room that had been unknown to the little spies.

"Rakshit! What's there inside this very room?" asked Kabir pointing towards the room.

Rakshit replied, "It has been closed since our Mom and Dad were shifted to this very house. We do not know the reason behind it but our parents forbid us to open and enter that room and when we ask about the restriction, they refuse to tell and change the topic".

"We've tried many a times to get to know the reason, but all the times, we failed to succeed". Shreya added her statement.

"Then, my intuition says, we should enter this very room and start searching for the locker that may contain the diamond", advised Vidyut sharing his thoughts.

Rakshit said taking a step towards the room, "Then what are we waiting for? I'll go first and you'll follow my steps".

"Oh God", stammered Shreya.

"It's just a rat". Rakshit said making fun of Shreya.

"Friends, this lock is fake and can be opened without a key or a hard material". Rakshit reported his friends.

He carefully opened the door, entered the room and switched on the light.

"Let us begin friends", advised Shreya starting the search for the locker.

After a tiny search, Kabir finds a cubical box covered up with a piece of floral cloth.

"Look, I have found something", said Kabir.

"Where is it?" asked Shreya being curious.

An admired Vidyut said, "Oh! Good Lord. This isn't an ordinary locker but it has a different type of password. It has symbols and a picture of lion on it".

"Hey! I've got something that smells to be useful for us. There is some kind of riddle written on this sheet of paper. It seems to be a clue", said Rakshit.

The riddle on the sheet of paper said:

"If do not want an animal, you will have to get to the trunk.

If do not want fire, you will have to get to the water.

If wanting blood, you will have to get an iron beam and...

If you've got to a stone, you'll get a gemstone".

"What does that even mean? What are we going to do with this? And why are some words underlined?" asked puzzled Vidyut.

"It is the only thing we need to focus on so as to get the real password of this case in our hands", said Kabir.

"We will think about this later. First we must get out of here and hide this clue so that no one knows where it is, especially our cousin, Nisha Rakheja. She's coming to live here after a week or so. We must be careful".

Shreya hides the clue somewhere in between of her story books kept in a large shelf while Rakshit locks the door of the room as it was earlier.

Mrs Waghela stepped inside and was welcomed warmly.

She said, "What were you all doing in my absence?"

Vidyut starts, "Aunt..."

"Mom we were playing Atlas and before that we were studying".

Shreya said interfering between Vidyut's statement.

"Means you little kids weren't making any noise, were you?" asked Mrs Waghela.

"No", answer came from all the kids.

Mrs Waghela starts walking towards the kitchen.

"Mom, we're going to our room", said Rakshit.

"Please let us know when the food has been cooked", he requested.

"Okay! I'll call you", replied Mrs Waghela.

All the friends have been settled down and are discussing about the password.

"Guys, we need to get the correct answer to the riddle to get to see inside the case", suggests Kabir.

"Yes, he's right. Let us try to understand the riddle", Rakshit said.

After sometime, all were tired of thinking about the answer to the riddle.

"No one of us could succeed in getting what we wanted", said Vidyut. "What will we do now?" he cried.

"I think, the answer to this riddle is somewhere hidden in the words of the riddle", said Kabir sharing his thoughts.

"Yes, especially in the words that are underlined", claimed Shreya. "Let us focus on those words", she told.

After a minute or two, Kabir got up and said, "Mates, if we add up the first letter of each of the underlined words, we'll get a word 'TWIG'. It's possible that the answer to this riddle is related to the word TWIG".

"Or else, the answer to this riddle is TWIG", stated Vidyut.

"No, it can't, because there are no letters given on the case or if there was any picture of a twig in front of the locker, then also it suggests a 'NO' because no one can keep a password of less than four-digits", argued Rakshit.

"I too know about that". Vidyut replies. "But it can be Webdings or Wingdings".

"What wings?" questioned Kabir.

Vidyut fumed, "Oh God Kabir, it's nothing related to wings. It is Webdings and Wingdings. They're a kind of symbolic fonts. When we press a letter, the symbol of an object, which has been fed in the computer for the particular letter is seen to appear on the screen of the computer. I can't understand but I can suggest to get a computer and see what will be the output of the word TWIG in the font styles WEBDINGS and WINGDINGS".

"Yes, I've seen them", Shreya said. "We'll start our laptop tomorrow and will see, what the output will be", she added.

"Kids, your food is ready and has been served on the table", shouted Mrs Waghela. "Come fast, wash your hands and start eating".

Rakshit replies to Mrs Waghela, "Yes, we're just coming". "Let us go guys".

And everybody has settled down to eat and the doorbell rings.

Mrs Waghela opens up the door and a voice comes, "Hello, kids! Your sweet father is home with some sweet brownies along".

"Yeah!" shouted Rakshit and Shreya. But Vidyut and Kabir are quiet.

Mr Waghela said, "Oh my dear boys! When I said, 'your father', it means, you both should be assuming me as your father. No matter, yours as well as yours father is gone somewhere but they've left me here by your side so that I'll take care of both of you. So hurry up and give a smile to your father".

Both of them smiled and Mr Waghela also settled down for dinner. They ate the brownies that Mr Waghela brought as a dessert, past their dinner.