Chapter 14

Angeline's eyes slowly opened, taking in the brightness of the sunshine that was coming in through the window. She scanned the room, a room she had been staying in for the past 3 days. His room. 

    She attempted to sit up but a heavy weight was resting on her waist. She rolled over and was met with the face of the man of her dreams. The past few days had been extremely rough on her, and Alex had been so patient, so caring. Angeline was finally starting to feel like herself again, she knew that Alex was the reason for it. He had been there to support her and help her with dealing with the fact that she had killed someone. 

     Angeline continued staring at Alex, and thinking about all the amazing things he had done for her in the last month. All the things he had done in the last 72 hours. If she woke from a nightmare, Alex was right there calming her down. She would get lost in her thoughts and start thinking negative of herself, Alex would be right there knowing exactly what to say to bring her out of that mindset. Angeline didn't think he could be any more perfect, but he continued to surprise her. 

   She brought her hand to his face and brushed his hair back, and slowly traced her fingers down his jawline. Then she ran her index finger across his bottom lip, remembering the last time his lips were upon hers. She looked up at his closed eyes, hoping they stay that way for just a minute longer. She moved her face closer to his, lips almost touching, she glanced up one more time making sure he was still asleep. She closed her eyes and pressed her lips against his. Before she could pull away she felt his arms tighten around her body, and Alex deepened the kiss. Angeline was surprised, but she was not afraid to kiss him back. 

    They finally pull apart from the intimate kiss, both slowly opening their eyes. "Morning," Alex said in a raspy voice, a smile making it's way on his face. Angeline returned the smile, "Morning, sorry if I woke you." Alex pulled her back in, hugging her tightly, "Lei you can wake me up like that every morning." Angeline's smile grew even bigger when she heard the nickname Alex had given her back in high school. He normally only used it when they were alone, he wanted it to be something special between the two of them. It was their secret and Angeline loved how sweet and cheesy he was about it, it always made her smile when he said it. 

    Alex had sat up, bringing Angeline with him, his back resting against the head board and Angeline tucked into his side. He softly kissed her forehead, something he had been doing lately and Angeline couldn't get over the sensation that overwhelmed her body every time he did it. There was something about it that made her feel so loved, so cherished, and so adored.

    He wasn't going to push her past her boundaries, he knew she was going to need time after everything she had been through. Alex was desperate to kiss her once she was in his arms, but seeing her so broken he was going to have to wait and let it happen on her terms. He had felt her stir and roll in his arms, he wasn't sure what to expect when he felt her fingers touch his face, but when they touched his lips he stayed as still as possible. He thought she had moved closer, then it happened, her lips were on his. He didn't want it to end, he had missed those lips and he wasn't about to let the kiss end just yet. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Alex had made a delicious breakfast for the two of them, and as they were finishing, Alex's phone started ringing. "Hello?" was all he said, listening to what was being said on the other end of the conversation. He stood from the table, slowly pacing back and forth in the kitchen. Angeline only looked at him, waiting to find out what was going on. Alex only said, "Fine, set it up and we will be there," and the call was ended. 

   Angeline wanted to ask about the call, but she knew it was better to wait and let him calm down. She could tell that whoever had called gave him some upsetting news, and she didn't want to upset him more by asking a dozen questions. She knew he would eventually talk about it with her, she just had to stay patient like he had been with her these past few days.