Chapter 10

Alex was lost in his thoughts while laying in the hospital bed, with only the sounds of the heart monitor keeping him company. The others were in separate rooms, also being monitored after the accident. Alex was desperately wanting to leave and go search for Angeline. He knew the police were already looking into it, but that didn't stop the ache in his heart and he knew it wouldn't go away until she was back in his arms. 

    He felt like he had let her down, he was the one to be protecting her but he had failed. Now he had no idea where she was or what that sick bastard was going to do to her. Alex thought that after Angeline left that he would finally leave her alone. He was the real cause of why Angeline had left right after graduation. Angeline didn't know all there was to know about him, but Alex did. His name alone made his temper rise and his heart rate to escalate. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DEREK...

    Derek Shipman had an unhealthy attraction to Angeline. The first time he saw her walking down the hall at their high school he thought an angel had escaped from Heaven. When he learned of her name he couldn't believe it and wanted to know everything there was to know about her. He had transferred there for his Junior year, Angeline was a Senior. 

     Derek had hacked into the school's computer system, giving him a copy of Angeline's schedule, locker number and combination. He memorized her classes and knew exactly where she would be every second of the day. 

     The first time she spoke to him was right after her English class and she had bumped into him, causing their books to fall to the ground. "I am so sorry," Angeline said in the sweetest voice. Derek was caught off guard and the words were stuck in his voice. As Angeline handed him his last book he was finally able to speak, "Thank you. My name is Derek." Angeline smiled and Derek couldn't believe it, he was afraid it was all a dream. "You're Welcome, and again I am really sorry for bumping into you. I'm Angeline." She stretched her hand out and Derek reluctantly reached for it, he couldn't believe he was actually touching her, even if it was just a hand shake. 

     After that brief encounter Derek was determined to see her whenever he could. A wave here and there while walking in opposite directions down the hall, and on occasion saying hello. What he didn't expect one Friday afternoon was to be invited to a party at Angeline's house. This was his chance to charm her and make her his. He knew things would be different between them after that night. 

    There were so many kids from their school at the party, it took Derek forever to finally locate Angeline. She was surrounded by so many others, including the one guy that never left her side, ALEX. Derek was going to have to get rid of this guy if he had any chance of being alone with Angeline. 

    He knew exactly who to call, someone he could trust to help him out. He just hoped that they weren't busy and could come right away. He made his way outside to make a call. Once he was far enough away, he dialed the number and waited. After a few rings a voice came on, "Hello?"

    "Hello Amelia, I need your help. Want to come to a party?" Derek knew his cousin all to well and that she was always up for a party. She of course was willing to come and help him out. She lived about 45 minutes away so he knew it would take some time for her to get there. 

   Derek eventually made his way back to Angeline and said hello, she said hello back and asked if he wanted something to drink. Derek declined for the moment, he knew he needed to have a clear head for the next step of his plan. 

    Amelia texted him when she had arrived, so Derek excused himself and went out to meet his cousin. They briefly went over the plan before making their way back inside. As soon as he spotted Alex, he walked Amelia over and introduced them.