Chapter 4

Alex wasn't sure how long they had been lost in this trance. So many thoughts were now flooding his head. He knew the reason why she thought he had killed Amelia, and now it was
becoming clear as why to she had ran from him without looking back all those years ago.

"Angeline, I did not kill her. That night at the bonfire she had come to kill you," Alex tried  his best to explain to her, but he wasn't sure if his words were making it through.

Fear was starting to show on her face, and Alex wanted to do anything he could to make her  feel safe again. She finally asked him, "Why does she want to kill me? I've never done
anything to her. I only know who she is because she was your girlfriend." Alex wasn't quite sure how to answer her without confessing everything to her, but he knew she needed to know the whole truth.

"Angeline she was and still is extremely jealous of you," Alex began to explain. Angeline thought 'Why would anyone be jealous of me?' It was as if he could read her mind because before she could even ask him why, he was giving her the answer. "She was jealous of my feelings for you, and she knew that I would never feel the same way for her," Alex said in one breath afraid to see the reaction on her face after learning of his feelings. When he finally looked up from the table he was met with her golden eyes. They were filled such a strong emotion, he couldn't believe it. He was expecting disgust or maybe humor, but he was met with a face full of love.

He wasn't sure if he heard the next part right because it was barely above a whisper, "You had feelings for me?" she asked hoping it wasn't a joke. A huge smile crept along his face and he just shook his head, heartbreak started to make it's way around her body. But before she could fall deeper into the darkness, he told her, "I HAVE feelings for you. After all these years you are the only one I see in my future and the only one I want. You have no idea how hard I have tried to stay away, stay out of your life. I thought you left after graduation because you didn't want to be around me anymore and your parents made me think that you needed your space and start your new life. I never
would've imagined it was because you thought I killed someone."

Angeline looked at him with the biggest smile, and couldn't believe that all that time he had the same feelings that she did. She wanted to climb over the table and sit in his lap, and taste his delicious lips again, but she bit her lip and told him about their prom night and why she really had left so quickly. She had originally told him the day after prom that she had started to feel sick and didn't want to ruin his night, so she left. It was partially true, she was just to scared to include that her plans of telling him about her feelings had been shattered.

Alex was completely shocked, he had no clue that she was planning on confessing that to him on that night. He remembered that night and how beautiful she looked in her gown. A deep blue, strapless dress that hugged her every curve. He remembered how every guy in the room stared at her when they entered the gym, he knew he was going to be fighting off some of them for a chance at a dance with her. But he was happy when she declined everyone but him. He was hoping that she would've been more than a friend by the end of the evening, but he would never get the chance to ask her to be his girlfriend. Between the unexpected appearance of his ex-girlfriend, Amelia, and Angeline's disappearing act, the night was
determined to be a flop.

He remembered talking to her the next day and he found out why she left when he went to get them punch. He also told her about Amelia surprising him even though he had ended things with her a couple weeks prior to the prom. Alex didn't want to take her out, a friend asked him for a favor and it will always be the biggest mistake of his life. When he told Amelia he had feelings for someone else, she erupted and went crazy. She was acting like they had been dating for years and she just found out that he had been cheating on her. Even though they had only dated for a few weeks.

Amelia's erratic behavior reminded him about graduation night. It was tradition for the senior class to plan a bonfire. They had all decided on a location in the woods, a place where they all liked to go and hangout. Somewhere where they could be loud and not worry about anyone. Alex wanted to take Angeline, but she had promised her girlfriends that she would get ready and ride with them. Once again he was hoping for a chance to express his feelings to her, but Amelia would make sure that didn't happen. He had been sitting with Angeline when Amelia came into view. He knew she would cause trouble, and wanted her to leave immediately. He told Angeline that he would be right back, and made his way to Amelia. Alex managed to guide her away from everyone, he walked her deeper into the woods. He wanted to make sure that she wouldn't hurt someone, he knew something was not right with her.

Alex had to finally ask Angeline, "What do you remember from the bonfire after graduation?" Angeline had thought about that night so many times, she never had the courage to ask her parents about what had happened to him after that night. She couldn't imagine him hurting anyone, but she remembered how
upset he seemed when Amelia showed up to the bonfire. She thought it was because she didn't go to our school and didn't belong there, but then Alex started leading her further into the woods. Angeline had a bad feeling, maybe they weren't as over as Alex had said. She decided she was going to go confront Alex and find out the truth, it wasn't like him to lie to her and it wasn't like him to string someone along.

Angeline had finally located them, Alex had her pressed up against a tree. It looked like they were having an intense conversation, he had a scowl on his face, while Amelia was smiling. Amelia then tried to kiss Alex but he had stepped back before she got the chance. Angeline couldn't hear what they were saying, and before she could get closer to speak to them, she had heard a loud bang. She stopped and saw Alex holding Amelia's arms, she could tell there was something they were holding together, and it wasn't until it went off again that she realized it was a gun. Angeline was stunned, she couldn't believe it. Once again the
gun went off and Amelia went down. Angeline automatically thought that Alex had shot her. So many questions ran through her head. Was he planning this? Where did he get the gun? Was she going to be next? That last question struck her hard when Alex started making his way towards her. She wasn't sure if he had seen her or not, but she was not about to find out. She took off running back towards the group of others. No one seemed to have heard the shots due to the extremely loud music blaring all around them. Angeline made her to where all the cars were parked, and was so thankful when she saw someone she knew about to leave. She asked for a ride and never looked back. She was terrified to know the truth, and she wouldn't be able to go to the cops. Her feelings for Alex caused her so much confusion, she thought it was best to leave it all behind. The next day she left for college and tried to never think about Alex again.