Chapter 13

"I need you Angeline," Derek spoke in a dark voice. He had been staring at Angeline far to long, and she was feeling nervous. Her heart rate spikes as he slowly starts walking back towards her.

As he stands right in front of her, he reaches down and brings her to her feet, her back pressed firmly against the metal wall. Derek lifts his hand to trace his index finger across her jawline. The feeling of his skin on hers causes her body to shake.

He then brings his face to the side of her neck, inhaling her scent, he stays there just breathing her in. Eventually he takes a step back, giving Angeline a moment to release the breath she had been holding in.

"I know you don't feel the same way as I do Angeline, but you have to know how much I care for you, how much I love you," Angeline is stunned by his words. "I have been in love with you from the first moment I saw you," Derek continues to confess to a shocked Angeline. She always thought he had a little crush on her, but from what she has learned from the past week, it wasn't just a little crush. It was a full on obsession.

Angeline knows this can go badly in a second, she has to be careful of her words and reactions to him. She doesn't want him to think he has a chance or worse take advantage of her current situation. But if she refuses him all together, that could cause his temper to take over.

"I had no had idea you felt so strongly about me Derek," Angeline spoke in a calm voice. She watched him as his eyes searched hers. She was telling the truth but she needed to think of a plan of how to get away from him.

His eyes and body relaxed a little, making Angeline relax a bit, but before she could think of her next move his lips were upon hers. She didn't know how to react, she didn't return the kiss, causing him to get frustrated. He pulled away and grabbed her chin, "Kiss me back!! Damn it!"

She shook her head, "Not like this, not with me chained to a wall." He placed both of his hands on either side of her head, staring deep into her beautiful eyes. He took a deep breath, "Give me a proper kiss and I'll remove the chains." She stared at him, and nodded her head.

Derek smiled, and moved his hands to land one on her hip and the other rested at the nape of her neck. He moved slowly towards her lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex and John had been driving around the small town, searching for the specific building they were looking for. The call that brought them there was from Lexie, she had stayed back at Alex's place to keep an eye on the surrounding towns of where the cabin was located.

Technology was an amazing thing, she caught Derek's car on a security camera in a town that had only been an hour away from the cabin. From the footage he had parked outside of a cafe, with no Angeline, meaning he was staying somewhere in the area.

Once the guys were back on the road, John had called in a favor to see if Derek had any property in the area, or anything that belonged to his family. It wasn't until they were just outside of the town that John was given the good news. There was a warehouse in the area that just happened to be a part of the Shipman Industries. Now the quest of finding the building was proving to be more daunting than both men had expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Derek's lips landed on Angeline's she forced herself to move along with him, trying her best to match his rhythm. He slowly pushed his body into Angeline's, pressing her body more into the cold metal wall that was keeping her upright. As he continued to do that, she could feel just how much he wanted her. All Angeline could think about was that she wished it was Alex she was kissing and having this moment with, not Derek.

The kiss slowly came to an end, Derek only removing his lips from her, his body staying in place against hers, "Now that was better." Angeline was trying to regulate her breathing, hoping that he would keep his promise and remove the chains from her wrists.

She stayed in place trying not to move to much, and she gave him a simple smile, making Derek think that she enjoyed the kiss as well. He leaned back in for a quick peck on her lips before pulling completely away from her body. She relaxed against the wall, looking away from his smiling face, her ears perked up when she heard a familiar sound. She turned to find the source of the noise and saw Derek had pulled a set of keys from his pocket and was making his way to her right hand.

As it was set free from the metal, she rubbed her wrist and breathed a sigh of relief. He was keeping his word. Just as Derek was about to unlock the other cuff a voice boomed throughout the large room, causing them both to freeze at the sound.

"Get the HELL away from her! NOW!!"

Angeline could not believe her eyes nor her ears, it was Alex! He was here!

Derek had turned towards the other man. Anger smeared all over his face, and venom dripping with every word. "She is mine! I'd rather her be dead than to be with anyone else. Especially YOU!"

As Angeline was staring at the back of Derek's form, fearing he would turn back towards her and take her life, she grabbed the chain still connected to her left wrist and knew she had to try everything possible to survive. She didn't want Alex getting hurt for her and she was tired of being bullied by her former high school friend. She knew he would never give up, one of them had to die, and she was not going to let it be her. Not by HIM.

With Derek distracted by Alex, Angeline managed to quickly slip the chain around Derek's neck, grabbing the other end with her right hand. Both hands pulling in opposite directions, determined to not let go. The adrenaline coursing through her body was helping her to hold on tightly to the chain, she knew that if she let go to soon he would make her pay for her actions.

Alex had been making small steps to inch his way closer to them as Derek was speaking his nonsense. Smiling to himself, knowing that as soon as Derek took a step outside the warehouse there were men waiting to take him down with one shot. He just needed to get Angeline out of there safely. But he wasn't expecting Angeline to take matters into her own hands.

As soon as he saw Derek flailing around, trying to grab at what was wrapped around his neck or trying to grab a hold of the woman standing behind him, he started running towards them.

Derek fell to his knees and then his body hit the ground right as Alex approached them. Angeline still gripping the chains with all her might, not taking any chances. If Alex didn't get her to let go, she would have surely decapitate the man.

Tears were streaming down her face, determination in her eyes. She wanted him dead and she succeeded. Alex was finally able to loosen her grip on the chain, but she was still focused on Derek's lifeless body. "Angeline. Angeline!" He tried calling her from her thoughts. "LEI! Look at me!" She finally was able to move her gaze to Alex's eyes. The eyes she had been missing.

She so desperately needed to be in his arms and away from Derek, but she was still attached to the second chain which was still wrapped around Derek's neck. She saw the keys near Alex, she pointed at them, "Can you help me?" Alex looked around and noticed what she was talking about. He picked up the keys and unlocked the cuff, freeing her from this nightmare.

Now that she was released from the painful cuff, Alex lifted her up into his arms. Both holding on to one another, afraid to let go. Angeline began crying heavily into Alex's neck. He bent to reach under her knees, picked her up, and walked her out of the building.

As soon as John saw them exiting, a team ran in to assess the situation. They confirmed that Derek was no longer a threat, he had in fact been strangled to death.

Alex made his way to the car and placed Angeline in the back seat, him following right behind her, her arms never leaving his neck. She climbed in to his lap as soon as he was seated, snuggling more into his body, feeling safe for the first time in days.