XXV : Cunning little Wolf

Start from the beginning

"You look good." Xavier said, his hazel eyes appearing brighter.

I didn't say anything, just stared.

"Well," Xavier awkwardly scratched his neck, "Come along."

With that I followed him until we reached what looked to be the common area.

I was yet to wander through the whole palace, this place too damn big.

When he opened the door, there was a tall man with jet black hair and green eyes talking away like they were the best of friends.

When they heard us come in, both of their heads snapped to us before the stranger ran towards, grabbing Xavier in a man hug.

It was honestly really cute. He laughed heftily and said, "Long time my man."

His eyes shifted towards me and he smiled, "You must be the infamous troublemaker. Nice to meet my best friends mate."

I raised my hand to shake with his but instead he pulled me in for a hug.

I almost toppled into his chest with an 'oomph'.

"That's enough" Xavier voiced when his best man didn't let go of me.

He chuckled, "I'm just messin' with you."

"I'm Carlos."

"Well, hello Carlos." I said slightly flustered with his charming smile. He was really gorgeous with his silky looking hair, and intense green eyes that twinkled with mischief.

We all sat on the brown recliners in the room and Carlos kept the conversation quiet interesting with stories of Xavier, Hayden and his nights together.

A patron entered the room looking frantic, "King Xavier, the council has called for you."

Xavier and Hayden got up and looked towards the both of us, "Do you mind?"

I shrugged while Carlos said,"Go ahead."

Once they left Carlos turned his attention towards me, "So tell me Scarlett, has Xavier been treating you right or do I need to whoop his ass?"

I giggled, "I think we need to whoop his ass."

"Really? He hasn't been on his best behavior?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

"I guess, I mean he told me he doesn't want me."

"What?!" Carlos exclaimed, looking horrified, "Oh I am so going to give him a piece of my head!"

I told him all about how I was trying to get back at Xavier and he smiled.

"You cunning little wolf." Carlos said once I was done talking.

I grinned.

"What if I could help you?" He asked.

My brows furrowed, "How?"

He told me a little plan and I was a little nervous but my excitement overpowered any other emotion.

I saw Xavier enter from the corner of my eye and nodded towards Carlos.

I leaned in closer whispering in his ear, "Wanna know something?"

He briefly nodded, his hands coming around me, locking me in place.

I smiled, "You look peachy." With that I placed a kiss on his cheek.

He smirked when he saw the look on Xavier's face, "Why yes I do ind-"

A punch.  I think I heard a bone crunch.

Carlos lay unconscious on the floor and I couldn't help but gasp. Xavier stood next to his limp body, his hands clenched on his side.