VII : The masquerade ball.

YAS.

As promised, another alternate day update.

(My games going strong lol.)

Chapter VII

I was feeling fabulous in my own body tonight

I was feeling fabulous in my own body tonight. It had been ages since I had put so much effort into my appearance, and I was glad I did.

Today was the masquerade ball in honor of our new king.

The castle was well illuminated and the royal gates where humongous. I felt as I were in a movie, the castle stood proudly as multiple expensive cars lined up at the gates. It was majestic.

As I stepped out of the car, in front of the castle, I was in awe.

The night air nipped at my skin as a whisper of a promise of something the night held. There was something different about it, I just couldn't put a finger on what exactly. 

Maybe I was nervous. Taking a deep breath, I straightened my silver ball gown and finally walked into the hall.

The bodies in the massive room were swaying with elegance to the soft bass that was playing in the background and I couldn't help but admire the audience from afar. 

Sipping on the expensive champagne, I cherished in the moment. After all, it wasn't like I'd ever get to see the palace again

My tranquility was broken when a presence came up behind me, "Hello beautiful." 

It was my friend, Laila. I swirled around looking at her gown.

Smirking she asked, "Like what you see?"

"Laila, you know you're the only reason I think I might be bi." I replied.

She gave me a genuine smile, and behind her mask, I could see mischief swirl in her eyes,"Dance with me."

I laughed. Two girls dancing in the ball room was not exactly encouraged by the elders. I for one, would support anything. 

So I held out my hand and led Laila to the dance floor. Some people looked at us with disgust lacing their eyes but I couldn't care less.

We twirled around each other and giggled at the silly old moves some people were doing. 

I was having a great time and I was glad I could make Laila happy again. She was having a hard couple of days, facing criticism for being a lesbian. She needed this.