XIII : Her

Lucky number 13. Am I right or am I right?

 Am I right or am I right?

Chapter XIII

~Xavier~

I was anxious. As the plane took of, so did my thoughts. Would I finally meet my mate? 

My wolf was flipping out and was excited beyond belief. I had so many questions, who was she? What would she be like? A tad bit crazy? Nerdy? Sassy? What did she like? What would she smell like?

Questions, questions. 

I groaned out loud. I hadn't even met her, yet I couldn't stop thinking about her. 

Haden, my best bud, chuckled, "Can't believe you're the king of the entire werewolf population, this girl has you whipped." 

I smacked his hand and he just rolled his eyes before pulling his headphones on. That was one thing I appreciated about Haden, he knew when to leave me alone and when to put me back in my place. 

The Alpha in Hawaii was informed of our whereabouts when we were only half an hour away from the destination. 

Our arrival was supposed to be a secret. I was planning on leaving as soon as I found my mate. If I didn't find her in two days tops, I'd have to leave without her.

This thought alone had me curling my hands in stress. Time is money, and being a newly crowned authority, leaving the palace at such a short notice had half my court going bizarre. 

Security was an issue at such times, no doubt, but I wasn't afraid. Being the Alpha of the rouges taught me more than just that. 

I wasn't surprised by the hate I received, having witnessed it for majority of my life. Power was something I had desired, and now I had it. Of course there was a price to pay.

My mother always told me 'Great power comes with great responsibility.' That didn't scare me either. It was almost like I was born for this. I choose this just as the stars choose me, more precisely the moon goddess. 

I looked out the window, the soft clouds reminding me of the delicacy of my very own thoughts.

Ah, how calm it was up here, without all my mentors and trainers and bodyguards, the list goes on. I still had a team with me, but limited people. 

It had been a hectic period of time, transiting from an Alpha to the King and I hadn't been left alone since day one.

Finally, I had a little time to breath, be it for just a day or two.

I closed my eyes, welcoming sleep with open arms.

The sound of intercom buzzer brought me back from my dear sleep, as my pilot said through it, "We have arrived in Hawaii, please get ready for landing."

There was a car waiting for us at the airport and a normal amount of security. I had refused to accept more security, for it would only make it obvious I was here.

The werewolf drove us to the house in absolute silence and lead us till their alpha's office.

I knew he wasn't a bad man and I didn't trust him.

Hayden called him inside as well. I looked the chap in his eyes compulsion flowing through my very being, "You will forget you saw us here."

He repeated after before he left the room, looking confused.

The Alpha had seen the entire scene and he looked scared to say the least. Good, at least he won't cross his limits now.

We were in Alpha Gerald's office, it being the safest place in town. 

He briefed us about the attack that had taken place at a club with a guy and girl belonging to his pack. 

I should've seen this coming, the protesters were bound to attack. A plan was already formulating in my head as to what actions were to be taken once I was back in the palace.

Hayden's brows were crossed over as if in deep thought. His eyes met mine, "I think we should talk to the Victims."

"I knew I wouldn't regret bringing you here!" I teased.

Then I turned to Gerald, "You heard him."

With that the Alpha left the room, giving us some time to ourselves. 

"Why do you think two innocent people were attacked?" Haden asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" I scoffed, "They wanted information, and they thought those poor kids would've known what was oh-so 'precious' to me."

"You mean your mate?" He smiled cheekily.

That very moment, the door was pulled was pulled open and in walked the very person I least expected, but was dying to see.

Her.

***

Yes I know, I haven't updated in a while. It's been one heck of ride and I was going through a little bit of a rough patch. Of course, that doesn't excuse me delaying this update for so long. Nonetheless, here was this chapter.

I hope you enjoyed and if you did, please :

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE! 

I love y'all.