A kiss of fire

Magnus stood abling just outside of the front door of Alec's apartment, a bottle of wine in his hands that he had secretly taken from his father's wine cellar. Butterflies danced in his stomach, tingling just beneath the surface of his skin like a thousand electrical sparks, he felt pure exhilaration coursing through his body. The assassin didn't know when the last time had been that he had allowed himself to just feel. The constant jumble of emotions that were whirling within him ever since he had spoken to Alec over the phone earlier made him feel light-headed and giddy. 

It was almost impossible for him to deal with all these raw feelings; A deep sense of happiness, unmistakable by the fixed smile on his face, he felt as if he were floating on air, as though he had taken some kind of drug or something - the beating of his heart was hammering against his chest at a rapid pace like he had run a marathon. 

It was overwhelming but in a most desirable way. Magnus couldn't recall if he’d ever felt this cocktail of emotions before. 

Alec has awoken something in him, and it felt good, really good, it’s exhilarating and intoxicating. His smile widened as he thought of the few kisses he and Alec had shared and he couldn't wait to feel the Duke's lips on his own once again. Kissing Alec always generated a jolt of electricity through his body and managed to leave him all but breathless. Just thinking that their lips would meet again made his heart beat faster as a delightful shiver run down his spine. 

Magnus didn't understand how Alec had managed it, but within only a few days he had ripped Magnus from the dark shadows he'd been hiding in during the last few years; it had given him hope, hope that he could find someone to fill the empty void in his heart. Was Alec maybe the one to finally fill it?

The assassin took a deep and steady breath before finally rang the doorbell. Magnus had considered for a second simply gaining entry himself to the Duke's apartment, just as he had done before, but he had decided against it. Tonight, he wasn't the assassin Ajan Hitam, he was the man Magnus Bane and it would have been inappropriate not to wait for Alec himself to let him into his apartment. 

The thought of his next mission shot through his mind as he waited for Alec to open the door. Unquestionably, it would not be easy to find Lilith, nor would it be un-perilous. The female assassin and Magnus were equals in their field and he would do well to not underestimate her, even for just a second, not if he hoped to return safe and sound. One misstep or careless action and it could end very badly for him.

Finally, the door opened and Alec greeted him with a bright smile that paled the sun itself…  Magnus blinked a few times, quickly pushing thoughts of Lilith aside. He wanted to concentrate completely on Alec this evening, not let his life as an assassin overshadow this date. Date… 

"Hi, Alexander," Magnus said his voice sounding a little breathless but the assassin didn't care in the slightest.

"Hi. Come in."

Magnus entered the apartment and pressed a soft kiss against Alec's cheek. A delicious smell wafted its way into his nostrils as he inhaled with vigour.

"Mmm... that smells good."

"I hope it tastes as good as it smells. It's been a while since I've made lasagna," Alec said, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"Well then, let's find out."

Magnus winked coyly at Alec, then followed him through to the kitchen.

***

An hour later, Magnus felt if he were to eat another bite he might very well burst. He put his cutlery down on the table and rubbed his full belly as he moaned happily in satisfaction.