Re-Introducing the Aunts & Uncles

Blake

Blake

"Babe?"

"Mhm?" Key murmurs in her slumber.

"My grandparents along with my aunts and uncles are coming out here tomorrow," I notify.

I watch her make the cutest expression on her face-- her eyes widen with her lips parting as she supports herself with her arm. "Tomorrow? What time?"

"They're coming over tomorrow at three o'clock in the afternoon."

"Blake!" I take notice of hearing Key shake in her breathing. It's been years since I introduced Key to my aunts and uncles when we began going out and I understand she's anxious because she hasn't seen most of them in a long time. 

"Babe, don't worry," I skim my fingers across her soft skin and she rests her head on my chest while I rub her back in small circles. "They will love you."

"I sure hope so." Key responds with anticipation. Key is sleeping over at my apartment along with Tessa and Harper while Kelly and Theodore are already asleep. "So, how are they?"

"My Aunt Samantha is a married mom of two girls in Dobbs Ferry. Aunt Joanie is also married with three boys in Connecticut. You know my Uncle Steve lives in Montauk." Kehlani nods. "My Uncle Mike and his family are in Pennsylvania while my Uncle Mark and his three kids are in Maryland."

"That's awesome," Kehlani says.

"Now that we're officially fiancée and fiancé, I think we should start planning our wedding. Do you know who you want in your bridal party?"

"Earlier today, I told Gracie and Charlotte that they will be included as my bridesmaids along with the rest of the girls. I would like Savon to be my matron of honor, but I haven't heard from Kevin since the night of the Super Bowl. I don't know what's going on between the two of them; it's none of our business. If Savon can't be my matron of honor, I would have to ask Adriane, Ruth, and Chrissie to be my matrons of honor. While Tessa will be the junior bridesmaid, both Kelly and Harper could be the flower girls and Theodore would be the ring bearer."

I smile amusingly for her to include the kids in our wedding party.

"I promised Javier that he will be my best man while Doug, your brothers, Jorge, Logan, and my Cousin Steven are gonna be my groomsmen." I tell.

"That's awesome," Key smiles.

"Anthony and Tyler and I were discussing about you and me getting married in a chapel near here, but some of the churches are not non-denominational. However, they did recommend websites like The Knot and Wedding Wire. And I found some interesting venues here on Long Island." I tell her.

"Going through websites that associates with weddings bring me back to the time when I was thirteen watching wedding TV shows and surfing the internet to take a glimpse of the wedding dresses and the delicious wedding cakes that are super artistic."