The Chosen One

Blake

"Dad, since when do you start liking country music?" Tessa queries. I glance at the grimace forming on her face.

I chuckle at her reaction as I sing along "Tennessee Whiskey" by Chris Stapleton on the Country music station and I have to admit; after hearing this song playing as my mom's ringtone, I asked her what the name of the song was. She named it and I have found it to be an interesting song. "What? I like this song!" I answer with a defensive tone.

"Dad, do you want me to change the radio to 106.1 BLI instead?" Tessa suggests.

"No, you leave it," I shake my head. "You know the words."

"I'm getting out of this truck," Tessa says as the engine of the school bus revs before stopping at the stop sign. She opens the door and slides out of the truck. 

"Have a nice day in school, kiddo!" I wave at her.

"Bye, dad!" She waves back at me before she and the other preteens as well as the teenagers enter the school bus prior to the door closing and driving off.  After the bus departs, I head off to work in Medford just a few minutes later before pulling up and parking my vehicle to the parking lot for me to face the two story gym with the white athletic font that reads, the Kick Start Factory across the sky blue border. A year ago, Mr. Burns decided to uproot every employees including Key and I into a new gym with the money he invested. That's right; we transitioned from Planet Fitness to the Kick Start Factory and so far; the business is a resounding success. I enter the gym and I'm being greeted by my co-workers as well as Mr. Burns."Good morning, Blake! You have a class of ten in the training room that startsfrom 8:30 to 9:23 this morning and another one from 11:00 AM to 12:23 PM." Mr.Burns notifies me.

"Okay, Mr. Burns. Thank you for notifying me."

"It's no problem for one of my certified personal trainers." Mr. Burns heartily beams before walking back to his office and I clock myself in, walking step by step on the stairs to the training room for me to notice exactly ten people, just like Mr. Burns told me in their athletic attire of hoodies, long sleeved shirts, sweatpants and some of their jackets are on the floor.

"Good morning, everyone! My name is Blake and I will be your personal trainer this morning. To start off, please introduce yourselves simply with your first names." Each client address their names and I begin having them to stretch by starting off with having the ten of them laying on their backs with the help of their mats that they brought along. And I guide them to bend their knees from behind and raise one of their legs, holding this position for fifteen to thirty seconds before they relax. I have them do the hamstring two more times prior to moving on doing the high knee jogs, lunges, squats, and fire hydrants.

I turn the stereo on as it is playing "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton. That song is still a banger to this day. I could remember listening to that song when I was walking to and from the fitness center around the campus of the Suffolk County Community College going before and after my classes. "First off, we will start the high knees exercise where you act like you're running. For instance, you want to stand with your feet hip-width apart and you lift your left knee up to your chest," I instruct as the class follow suit.

"And now you want to switch to lift your right knee to your chest. Continue this movement, alternating legs and moving at a sprinting or running pace." The class and I do this exercise for thirty sets and three reps until moving on to the next exercise, which is doing the squat twists. While I'm exercising along with the class, I observe the love of my love, Key and Ruth demonstrating their class by being on all fours along with lifting one of their legs up to the ceiling just as their class follows. It's not new to me to see her do Donkey Kicks because when she, Tessa, and Harper come over to my apartment or I, Kelly, and Theodore would come over, I would admire Key squeezing the muscles of her butt when she does exercises for her butt. Whenever she walks around in her jeans or sweatpants, I want to take a bite out of it as well as spanking and rubbing it, too. It's like taking a bite of the chicken sandwich from Popeye's—in which makes me hungry right now. Judge me if you want— Popeye's chicken sandwich is out of this world!