Please Come Home

A/N: I know it's been months since the last time I posted new chapters mainly because of writer's block. I hope you all enjoy the latest update!

Phedora

I finish folding the last of my shirts when my phone vibrates on top of the dryer. I look down at the caller ID and instantly, my heart races in my chest and I let out a scoff. Now, what does he want?

I answer and snarl through gritted teeth, "What do you want?"

"I miss you and our little princess, baby girl." He weeps on the other line. 

"I needed space to clear my head." 

"Baby, I didn't mean to scare you off by putting my hands on you! I was jealous!" 

Is he serious right now? I can't believe what I'm hearing from his mouth! Jealous? What is he jealous of? He has no reason to be jealous because he already knows Gino and Emmanuel are together! I'm his wife and he should believe in my explanation! "Jealous of what, Kurt?!" My face contorts into rage and I swear I'm expanding with rage as the room grows small. 

"I saw you two hugging! Baby, I thought you and Gino have something going on!" 

"Kurt, you know extremely well that Gino loves Emmanuel," I seethe through gritted teeth, so in that way; I won't wake the kids up. "I love you and only you! And who are you to tell me that I can't hug my male friends that are strictly platonic? Call me back when you simmer down as well as having a change of heart and then, we'll come home." 

"Baby, please--" I hang up the call before he can finish and violently throw my phone into the laundry basket of mine and Elena's neatly folded clothes. I feel so misunderstood over this because Kurt and I never fought over trust issues, even when I was married to my ex. I don't understand where this is all coming from! It gets to me as my shoulders become heavy and my heart hammers against my chest around the same time I feel a lump in my throat. I try blinking my eyes, but the damn tear escapes deliberately from my eyes. I carry my basket with me to the living room to put our clothes in my duffel bag as the slate walls in the living room washes over me. After putting our laundry away, I sit on the couch and lift a decorative pillow, peering outside the window to a cloudy day that matches my feelings right now-- dark, tired, melancholy, and bored.

I hear the door opening with the audible creak and I wipe my tears with the sleeve of my shirt in a one quick motion, clearing my throat to get rid of the lump in my throat along with turning the TV on in addition to the screen cutting on to ABC News 10. 

"Hey, Phedora!" 

I turn my head to Addison with a welcoming smile. "What's up, girl?" 

"Nothing, much. I just came back to pick up some cinnamon crunch banana bread from my dad's. What are you up to?" Addison queries.

"I'm just watching the news and watching the rain fall." I answer sarcastically.

"Oh, gosh! Rainy days make me sleep through the whole day, Adam had to wake me up with cinnamon rolls." 

"Cinnamon rolls?" I burst out laughing. "How does Adam wake you up with cinnamon rolls?"

"Adam bakes cinnamon rolls and I would wake up to the sweet smell of cinnamon from downstairs."

Addison and I laugh just in time for me to take a glance at the news reporter announcing something about a lock-down because of a virus going on. My ears focus on the words they are saying about businesses are closing and that we must stay home as what it is called a quarantine. I want to stay one more day, but now the news reporters are declaring a lock-down in the entire nation; I have no other choice but go with what my heart is telling me.