29

Was it possible to fall for someone even after you fell for them? Was it possible to fall for someone over and over again because Lee Hana swore every time she melted under Park Jimin's touch and had those round, glistening, brown eyes to stare back at her, she could feel her heart racing and falling to her stomach just like it did on that night by the bridge.

Time seemed to pass so quickly throughout the early months of the year and before Hana and Jimin knew it, August was coming up, which was also the month of Hana's birthday. According to the calendar, their 9-month anniversary was also coming up.

A lot has happened throughout the past 5 months. Hana got a promotion at her job, so she's making more money and is doing less work. She also "officially" moved into Jimin's house— that meaning her house is now completely empty with the exception of furniture. Aside from the chicken restaurant, Jimin's been focusing on his potential music artist career, writing and producing more songs. He really hoped he could make it and not have to stand in front of the cashier for hours again. Hoseok has been producing music with him too, sharing the same dream.

Just about a week ago, Jimin took a trip to the jewelry store to purchase a ring that represented a seal to a lifelong commitment of love. The two adults have talked about marriage a couple of times and agreed that although it was important, it didn't have to be rushed. They both agreed that they didn't need this ceremony to know that they loved each other.

The man had been trying to look for a perfect time to ask, but Hana's been pretty busy at work, catching up on supervising other interns and being in charge of certain sections. However, after weeks have passed, he knew there was never going to be a "perfect" time.

So why not just spill it?

"Marry me." Jimin blurted randomly at the dinner table. The woman choked on her food, coughing a little before looking back up to his face. Hana didn't know why those two words made her feel so anxious when they've talked about the topic multiple times. It wasn't until the man shakily put the velvety box on the table with a beautiful ring sitting in it. He gulped, feeling like his heart was going to jump out of his chest.

Hana started twisting the promise ring that Jimin gave her last year under the table out of habit. She smiled, looking up at him, fidgeting in his seat while his food was untouched.

Never in a million years would she have imagined a few months ago that Park Jimin— the chicken restaurant cashier, the 24-year-old who never went on any dates, the man who came to her house at 10 at night with kimchi fried rice just so she wouldn't be hungry, the man who seemed a bit awkward— would be the same man in front of her proposing.

Now looking at the Park Jimin again— the man who cooks Hana's favorite dishes, the man who traveled to another continent with her, the man who wrote her a song, the man who would give up any amount of sleep to make sure she was okay, the man who sacrificed his own feelings to take care of her, the man whose eyes creased into lines every time he laughed or smiled, the man with the glistening eyes that could make her insides churn, the man who had arms ready to embrace her at any moment of the day, and the man that loves her more than he loves himself. Yes, that man. Park Jimin. The love of her life.

"Hana?" He called out, seeing her zone out, just gazing at him. She enthusiastically nodded, "Yes. Yes, I will marry you." She boldly answered, standing up to engulf him whole. Jimin's eyes formed a layer of tears as he smiled widely, tightly hugging her back.

Jimin pulled away, grabbing the box and kneeling. She didn't know whether to laugh or not when he almost fell over. After noticing his trembling leg, she couldn't help but to snicker, biting her tongue. Jimin caught on, starting to laugh himself as he struggled to keep his balance. Soon, she couldn't hold it in, bursting into laughter. Jimin fell over from the excessive laughter, now sprawled out on the floor in defeat after his 'failed' proposal. Hana's complexion turned red from laughing and feeling too giddy, crawling on top of him.

"I already said yes, so why bother with your terrible balance?" She jokingly reminded, pecking his cheek. He sat up, taking the ring out of the box. He playfully yanked her hand, slipping it onto her finger, muttering a quiet 'whatever' after she laughed at him. She stole another kiss from his pouty lips after noticing he was sulking. "I'm sorryyy." She cooed, pulling his arm.

When she grabbed his hand, she noticed how cold and sweaty it was, realizing it really was such a nerve-racking task for him to ask. She smiled in awe, "I love you. I wouldn't have wanted to be asked in any other way." She added as the both of them stood up. A small smile started to tug at his lips. He gently placed his icy fingers on her jaw, making goosebumps form on her skin. He leaned in, connecting their lips. She smiled during the kiss, and he noticed it too, mirroring her since it was contagious. Their noses innocently bumped into each other, so he tilted his head a little, continuing to devour her lips.

"I love you more, and I can't wait to marry you."