4

Hoseok sighed for the umpteenth time, letting his eyes rest on a peaceful, sleeping Jimin. After an hour of him whining about his failed date, crying about how he let his anxiety take over, and ranting about how pathetic he was to even be 24 and not have a first date, the young man finally dozed off. The elder listened, assuring him that he still had more chances. Jimin refused, unable to even think about the possibility of another date after that terrible experience.

Hoseok slowly caressed Jimin's soft, peach blonde hair, also laying in his bed. He decided not to go back to his house after seeing the time was already 11 pm. Jimin insisted that he could stay, so he didn't put much thought into going home anyway.

"Did I push you too hard?" Hoseok whispered, reflecting on if he forced Jimin to go on a date with someone he barely knew. He sighed, slipping under the sheets and closing his eyes for another, better day tomorrow.

Park Jimin was too afraid to stand by the counter for his night shift, preparing his hideout by 7:50 pm. Hoseok rolled his eyes, called him dramatic, pulled him up, pushed him, only to receive a smack from Jimin. "I can't face her yet. Please." Jimin pleaded as he crouched behind the counter, hiding from the customers. Hoseok sighed, "Fine. I'll cover you." Jimin let out a squeal of joy, hugging his long legs like a toddler, "Thank you hyung!"

"You'll have to talk to her eventually, so I'm not doing this again." He said, lightly shaking his leg to get this baby koala off him. Jimin sulked, afraid of the inevitable. After a few minutes of crouching there, he heard the doors chime, and Hoseok lightly kicked him. Jimin silently gasped, hugging his knees as he buried his face in them as well.

"Hello, welcome. May I take your order?" Hoseok beamed, treating her just like any other customer. He watched Hana's eyes roam around as if she was looking for someone, but made eye contact with Hoseok again after failing to find the one individual she wanted to see.

"Yeah, may I get a 6 piece honey glazed chicken with 3 packets of ketchup?" Hana spoke, unaware that her words were causing a ruckus in Jimin's heart.

"Sure, anything else?"

"Nope." She answered, pressing her lips into a fine line.

"Okay. I'll be right back." Hoseok said, collecting her payment and giving her change back before going to the kitchen to pack her order. Jimin bit the inner gums of his cheeks, afraid that he would make any noise to blow his cover. After a minute or two, Hoseok came out with a bag, handing it right over to her. "Enjoy your meal!"

"Thank you. I just have a question." She pointed a finger up, pursing her lips. "Sure." Hoseok nodded, waiting for her to continue.

"Is Jimin here today?"

The hiding man's eyes grew wide, shocked that she even asked for him.

"No, he called in sick today." Hoseok smoothly answered, noticing that Hana's face fell a little after hearing that.

"Ah, okay. Thank you. Have a great evening." She greeted, the clacking of her boots gradually fading into the distance.

"You too!" Hoseok beamed, watching her finally exit the doors. The first thing Jimin did was exhale as loud as he could for his own dramatic effect. Hoseok crossed his arms, "You need to talk to her. Even she wanted to talk to you, bro."

Jimin squatted on the floor, sliding his cap further down to cover his face as he groaned into it. "I don't know what to say," He hopelessly whined, words muffled from the hat.

"Take responsibility. You can't keep running from your problems. Do you think everyone's first date is a success? No. Mine certainly wasn't. It even ended up in the hospital. I accidentally elbowed her face because she was so short, and we went to the emergency room to get it checked since her eye got swollen. After that, she blocked my number." Hoseok chuckled at the bitter memory, seeing that Jimin was shaking with laughter as well.

"Hana seems like a good woman. Don't lose your chance again."

jimin: Hi Hana|
jimin: Hi|
jimin:|
jimin: Hey Hana|
jimin: Hey H|
jimin:|
jimin: How are you doi|
jimin: How are|
jimin: Ho|
jimin:|
jimin: Hello|
jimin: Hel|
jimin:|
jimin: What's up?|
jimin: What's|
jimin:|
jimin: Hi|
jimin:|

"Oh my god, how hard is it?" Jimin grumbled, shutting his phone off, letting his palm smack him hard against his forehead.

Meanwhile on the other side, Hana chuckled as she snuggled into her bed, wearing her fluffy pajamas as she watched the three dots appear and disappear continuously next to the name "cutie." She picked up her phone after seeing them disappear for a while, typing away.

hana: Hey Jimin

Jimin checked the vibration from his phone only to let his palms become sweaty again.

jimin: Hi

hana: How are you feeling?

jimin: I'm fine why

hana: I heard from the
restaurant that you were sick
so I just wanted to check in on you

jimin: No worries I'm okay

hana: Will you come to
work tomorrow?

jimin: Yeah

hana: Okay :)

Say something! Jimin told himself as he continued to rotate his thumbs in fast circles. With a racing heart, he began to type.

jimin: Would you maybe like
to take a walk with me
tomorrow after my shift?

hana: Sure

hana: What time?

jimin: My shift ends at 9

jimin: I'll drive you home
if you need me to

hana: Okay I'll come in a
little later then

jimin: Sounds good :')

A/N: I hope you're liking the story so far 🥺