TWELVE

BROOKLYN— MAY

BROOKLYN— MAY

I wanna start making longer chapters ...
Yo I really wanna do face claims🥺

THE DINER WAS BEGINNING TO GET BUSY AS
Muffy maneuvered to each table taking orders left in right. It had to be her fifth week working here and she was really getting the hang of it. Muffy's shift had started at 9 that morning in being that it was now 4 in the afternoon she was getting off in about 30 minutes.

"Okay, I'll be right back with your drinks." She said to the young couple respectfully in made her way towards the back to fetch there cold cokes. Muffy tried her best to move fast since there had to be about 10 people sitting without their orders taken yet.

She was currently working the floor by herself since the other girl that was supposed to be working called out sick. At first she thought she'd be able to handle it but here she was now, struggling.

"You good B?" Chris the white boy that she had met when she came for in application asked. They had gotten real close— like he was taking her back home after work close.

Muffy turned around and rubbed her temples showcasing how stressed out she was. Chris laughed knowing that she was just being silly.

"Nah let me stop, yeah I'm good just tryna be quick I get off soon so" Chris nodded his head and went back to cleaning up the dishes.

She as well walked out finishing her job. At times she thought about quitting but that was out of the question once she reminded herself how much the money was helping out with her lifestyle.

Graduation was slowly approaching in she had to find a way to get the money for her cap in gown. Plus having to find a makeup artist and nice set of dress in heels. The only thing she could think of was putting in for overtime. Or going ahead in getting another job.

That was one thing she missed about being home. She didn't really have to worry about money since her mom paid for all there expenses. And even though she always complained about having a job to help out— she appreciated her mom in her choices at the time.

Muffy wasn't fully over the situation that happened and it would take a lot for her to forgive Phara. She just couldn't wrap it around her brain why her own mother would take From her.

Muffy also thought she was wrong at times too. Like maybe her mom didn't do it. Maybe they were just robbed and the robber targeted mostly on everything she had. But it made more since to her that someone close to her did it because only her mom knew where he secret stash was. Well her and the twins.

But the twins wouldn't do that to her.

Even when she explained the situation to Juicy and her mother. They were both utterly confused and thought that everything was fishy.

After a while of taking orders her shift was finally over and she made it her business to clock out on time. Now all she had to do was order her Uber and wait patiently for it to arrive. Chris couldn't give her a ride this time since he was working a little later.