THIRTEEN

BROOKLYN— MAY

BROOKLYN— MAY

       LUCKY SIGHED WHILE YAWNING IT HAD TO BE ABOUT four in the morning as he sat back against his warm seats of his car patiently waiting for the grey hound bus to pull up on the curve of the cold Manhattan street

Ivy had called him around three telling him to be there since she was a little scared to be alone in New York, a place where a lot of bad things can happen. He complied knowing how scary ivy was and now here he was.

Finally he could see the bus pulling up and a big amount of people start to get off his cousin also being one of those people. Lucky got out of his truck swaggering over to her to help with her bags.

When she saw him she smiled widely and gave him a big hug. Ivy had to be about 5'2 so really she was hugging his waist.

"Ivy you done got big as hell" the last time Lucky had saw ivy was when his family had a big reunion down in Richmond, that had to be about five years ago though and at the time Ivy was skinny as a toothpick. He was glad to see she had put on some weight.

"Why everyone always saying that." She rolled her doll baby eyes up in her head. Ivy had heard that from too many people and basically and other words they were trying to say she had a glow up.

Ivy used to be skinny with crooked teeth and pimples decorating her brown skin. Now she was beautiful with a curvy shape to her, straight white teeth covered by braces and smooth blemish free skin.

Everyone else's words may have been In a inappropriate manor even from her disgusting older uncles but not Lucky. Lucky really did think Ivy got big.

"These ya bags?" He asked her and she only nodded her head grabbing a mcm purse and iPhone 7 from besides her while Lucky grabbed her duffle bag in suitcase and led the way to his car.

Once everything was settled in he decided to make his was back home lowly playing the Isley brothers, one of his favorites r&b group. He then remembered that Ivy might of been hungry from that long ride.

"You hungry Vanny?" He asked, calling her by her nickname watching as she took a boomerang of the pretty buildings of Brooklyn.

After she was done she looked over to him and laughed since he was looking at her with a funny face. "No I'm good, I guess cause I'm so excited you know I always wanted to come up here just sad it had to be because of this situation." She replied sadly.