NINE

BROOKLYN— MAY

BROOKLYN— MAY

MUFFY WOKE UP TO THE BRIGHT SUN BEAMING down on her. She stretched out and looked around the unrecognizable room with her eyebrows furrowed. The room was plainly decorated with just white and a huge comfortable bed. She flipped the covers back and landed on her feet.

Muffy realized she was no longer in her black v- neck and blue jeans but instead a large t shirt and guy shorts. She wasn't complaining because the outfit was rather comfortable.

She tip toed out the room and entered the living room of the apartment coming in contact with Lucky who sat down on the couch screaming at the TV while playing the game. He had only a pair of shorts on leaving his top bare so Muffy was able to see his many tattoos.

"SHUT YO ASS UP" he screamed making Muffy flinch and hit the side table. Lucky turned around to see the scared girl stand there trying to balance the table the best she could so everything on it wouldn't fall.

"I-I'm so sorry" she stammered while shaking her head. Lucky smirked at her innocence and shook his head as well. Even in something simple Muffy looked beautiful effortlessly.

"You good, come sit" Lucky said patting the empty spot next to him. She complied and took a seat next to him as he went back to finishing up the game.

Lucky thought about Muffy being outside in the rain crying her eyes out but couldn't seem to make out why. He cleared his throat before asking her that question. "So you wanna talk about what happened yesterday or?"

Muffy shook her head with a uncomfortable look on her face. "No" was all she said while looking down.

"Cool, you hungry?" He wasn't gonna pressure her into speaking knowing she wasn't too found on the situation— and she was happy about that.

Muffy nodded her head slowly causing Lucky to stand to his feet and turn off his game. He then swaggered to the kitchen pulling out a pack of turkey bacon and a carton of eggs. He reached over to turn on the stove and picked up a frying pan starting to cook.