SIX

+ BROOKLYN — APRIL  

+ BROOKLYN — APRIL

                 THE CAR RIDE WAS SILENT AS THERE BODIES swayed side to side, from the impact of the car moving. Booron's eyes stayed fixed on the window watching as the rain trickled down the clean glass. April had brought the city to stay wet, it didn't bother Muffy though— she loved the stormy whether.

Lucky drew his eyes over towards her catching as she shivered— he realized that the AC was automatically on and instantly felt bad. He hurriedly turned the heat on. Causing her once tense body; to go down a few notches.

"Sorry bout that" His deep throaty voice spoke. Muffy jumped— how loud his voice was caught her completely off gaurd. She grew embarrassed and only nodded her head at his apology.

To let the awkwardness die down— Lucky turned on some music— what took Muffy by surprise was the type of music it was. She had thought Lucky was the type of guy to only listen to hard core rap. So when Faiths; Soon as I get home came on she knew her assumptions were all wrong.

She furrowed her thick eyebrows. "You listen to Faith Evans?" She asked full of curiosity.

Lucky smirked while nodding his head. "Actually yeah, my moms and her was friends back in the days; I should have a picture in my glove department." He said as he reached for it still while driving.

Sure enough, in the picture sat a lady that Lucky resembled a whole lot and a light Faith Evans smiling up at the camera. Muffy let out a cute little chortle while staring at the photo mesmerized.

She wished that her mom was close friends with a celebrity, maybe then her life would've been different.

The rest of the ride was silent— only time Muffy spoke was to tell him where she lived. But it seemed like Lucky already knew where he was going. When they pulled up to the curb of the apartment complex, Muffy just sat their— waiting for some type invitation to leave, which was weird.

Finally, she built up the courage and swung the door open letting her small size four feet hit the concrete. The broke drug dealers and hot little tricks nosily watched as Booron got out of the famous Lucky's vehicle.

Lucky was a well known guy, not only was his moms friends with Faith Evans but his father, Fabian Sr was the biggest drug Kingpin to step into Brooklyn. That was before they were both popped back in 2016.

As Muffy walked away from Lucky she wondered if she should turn and wave a cheesy goodbye, of course she was still mad at him but it was nice of him to give her a ride home, so she turned and was surprised to see Lucky walking right behind her.

She was confused, was he following her? Probably not.
She thought maybe he wanted to make sure she got home safely. So Muffy continued to walk ignoring the greetings she never got before from the people around and stepped into the elevator.

We sat on the elevator quite like usual and I watched as the dim lights dinged up to the fifth floor

We sat on the elevator quite like usual and I watched as the dim lights dinged up to the fifth floor. I couldn't help but side eye Lucky. He looked calm, like me just yelling at him in a rage didn't alter his attitude one bit.

I wondered who that chick he was sitting with was. She was pretty— Latina I'm guessing from her looks. Lucky didn't seem like the type of guy to have a preference of girls now that I'm really thinking about it.

Maybe I just blew it out of proportion. If he didn't like me why would I make such a big deal about it, I mean I've never had male attention a day in my life so why would I care about it now.

The silver ran down doors slid open and I made my way to my Adobe and now I definitely knew Lucky was following me. When I reached my door I turned his way with a stern look in my eyes.

"I don't know who you take me for, but I live with my family and I think it would be pretty disrespectful of me to bring a random guy into my home." Now that I'm thinking about it, why would I care my mother had did this multiple times.

Lucky laughed at me, like a full on chuckle while reaching into his pocket in pulling out a key that looked to be the same color as mine. I sat their confused from his actions and waited for a explanation.

He pointed to the door directly across from mine, and said "I live here" My eyes rose with embarrassment as I sat there with my mouth open. And it hit me, I remembered a few days ago the twins telling me we would have a new neighbor and how handsome he is.

What a coincidence that it would be Lucky. Without making more of a fool out of myself I turned the knob to my door and walked into my home closing the door directly in Lucky's face. I let out a breath while leaning on the door.

I listened to hear if he was still there in he was. I could make out a audible "Goodnight" from his strong voice and heard the opposite door close on the other side.

And, I smiled while walking towards my room. Where the twins sat painting over their nails with red polish. My body collapsed onto my bed making them turn their heads in my direction.

"What's your problem?" I heard Amber say with much sass. I was too tired to address it and didn't have time to argue with the both of them.

All I said was " I just met our new neighbor."

I'm sorry, I know it's not a lot butttttttt I have a lot going on with school 😩

Please don't be mad at me my loves 😭😭

Anybody watch that Aaron Hernandez movie?

Don't worry another chapter is soon to come.

The twins are named amber and Avery by the way.

I'm changing the characters again— don't kill me🥺.