Void Edge pt1

Wednesday April 23rd

Time: 1300

Kyle's POV

It's been a couple of days since Nøkk decided to show me her face, and to be honest I was blown away from what I saw. She had short black hair along side black eyes, to be honest I thought she'd have yellow eyes but black looks nice on her. I was in the Gym working on my upper body when Ela asked me if I wanted to hit the shooting range with her. I accepted, put my hoodie on and followed her to the range.

"Need help with recoil again?"

Ela: "No actually I just wanted to hangout for a bit before the new recruits arrive"

"We're getting new recruits today?"

Ela: "Yea, it's the space engineer along side someone else that we talked about a few days ago"

"Oh yea, when exactly are they supposed to show up?"

Ela: "At around 6 or 7pm, which is why I wanted to hang out for a little while"

"And not your sister?"

Ela: "Well..me and my sister..its complicated ok? Just leave it at that"

"Right.."

Ela: "Forget about it, let's just shoot some targets in the mean time hm?"

"Sure"

I press a button to bring up some targets, raising my gun I fired about 5 shots before they fell back down. We both shot some targets for a about 25 minutes. Eventually I ran out of ammo for my more rifle and had to put it down and switching over to my sidearm, ela laughed a bit at this.

Ela: "You know you would still have some ammo in your gun if you had extended mags"

"Yea yea whatever you say" I say taking a shot. I was a bit annoyed that I had to use my secondary but Ela seemed to be enjoying herself so I didn't mind. Though she was right, I do need some extended magazines for my gun

"Welp, I'm gonna head back to my dorm for a little bit. Get things ready for our new recruits, later Ela" I said then walked out of the shooting range

Ela: "Kyle wait!" Ela called out trailing behind me

"Yes Ela?" I turned to her

Ela: "I was woundering... later when the new recruits show up around dinner do you wanna come over to my dorm and have some dinner?"

"Well depends, what are you making?

Ela: "Well, I planned on making some lasagna if you're interested in that?"

"Oh absolutely, I'll sure take some lasagna especially after being shot in the shoulder"

Ela giggled a bit and gave a quick nod

Ela: "Alright then I'll see you there. Before you go six asked me to give you this" she handed me a device similar to the phone I have.

"A phone?"

Ela: "No idiot it's a communications device that we all have called comcross, it has evey operator saved in a contacts, it also has mission briefing, Controls to your drone, a reminder when we eat dinner in the caf and other stuff I cant remember.

"Well, tell six I said thanks" I gave her a smiled I headed back to Nøkks dorm. When I got there she was no where to be found as per usual, I sat on my bed, opened up my laptop and started browsing the web while I waited for something interesting to happen. About an hour passed by when Nøkk returned from wherever she went, she pulled her veil off and looked at me with a smile.