A confession(Somewhat)

Nøkks POV

Saturday April 26th

I was was heading down to the cafe after taking dressing up in my usual black hoodie with it course black lipstick and black eyeliner. It would be one of the few times I eat with the other operators. I head in grab my food and go look for an empty table to eat alone, that's when I was called over to a table that consisted of Ash, IQ, Hibana and Iana. I thought about just walking past them and eatting alone but remembering what Kyle said I decided to sit with them.

Eliza: "Hey Nøkk, sleep well?"

I gave her a nod I proceeded to eat my food

Eliza: "So how do you feel about walking around base without your veil?"

"It's okay I guess"

Monika: "Not much of a talker eh?"

"Not necessarily"

Eliza: "Have you met our newest recruit? If not then this is Iana. She'll be helping us with our tech and stuff like that" Iana waved over at me and I waved back

Monika: "Heard you were coming to ladies night with us, you excited?"

"Well it's been a while since I've taken time off my duty. Maybe I'll show up or maybe I won't.

Monika: "Hopefully you show up, the rest of us really wanna get to know you better now that you were willing to show your face around"

"Probably"

Eliza: "Well are things with you and Geist?"

"Kyle? Well we're okay, I've considered him a friend for a while so that's something"

Eliza: "Oh that's his name? Well it's nice to know you guys are getting along well"

Monika: "Maybe a bit too well"

"What do you mean?"

Monika: "On that last mission we ran when you got shot, not sure if you were able to tell but he was really worried about you. Honestly I think he was about to cry"

"Kyle? Crying? Yea right"

Monika: "Ask Timur about it if you dont believe me"

"Noted"

I finish my food and go return my tray, on the way back I ended up bumping into Ela who gave me a look of disgust, I brushed this off and go sit back down with the girls.

Eliza: "Oh Nøkk, what do we call you by exactly?"

"Kyle calls me Serena so if you'd like to call me that as well then be my guest"

Eliza: "Alright then, Serena it is also you'll be doing some CQB training later this evening with some of the recruits"

"Why can't it be Zofia?"

Eliza: "She's currently away on an operation, and we cant really Kaid with us because he's all the way in Marrocco"

I let out a sigh

"Sure, why not"

Eliza: "Great" she checked the time on her phone "I gotta get going ladies, see you all for tonight" she said and waved bye at us

Evening came along and Nøkk was in the gym waiting for the recruits to show up, she had Tachanka there with her to assist if she needed it. I group of recruit walked in and stood in a line facing the two operators.

"Okay, listen up. I have no tolerance for anyone's bs today so I'll make it simple, you are to get into the ring and fight in hand to hand against either each other or me" some of the recruits chuckled at this, seeing how I was about 5'7 and most of them being either 5'10 through 6'1.