Bullies

A couple of weeks passed. I was in combat class watching Jaune get his ass kicked by a kid named Cardin. Poor guy. It's not that he wasn't trying. He just wasn't that good. Next to me Krystal was covering her optics, watching through her fingers. Cardin easily beat him. Goodwitch called the match and slightly reprimanded Jaune for not monitoring his aura. He looked crestfallen. Goodwitch then reminded us that the Vytal festival was only a few months away and to train hard if we want to compete in the tournament. After that she dismissed the class and we went to lunch.

Despite not needing to eat Krystal would always join us for lunch. It was nice having her there. She's become less and less shy. She would even make jokes about her not being able to eat. I wondered how it happened to her, Becoming a simulacrum. She hasn't told me what happened other than there was an accident. But it's not really my business. She'll tell me when she's ready. Teams RWBY and JNPR were eating and joking except for Jaune. He was uncharacteristically quiet. Pyrrha noticed. "Jaune are you ok?" She asked. He looked up from his plate. "What? Oh yeah I'm fine. Why?" "Well it's just that you seem a little not ok" said Ruby. "Guys, I'm fine. See?" He gave an unconvincing smile and a nervous laugh. I decided to speak up. "It's Cardin, isn't it?" "What? Cardin Winchester? He's just messing around. Y'know, practical jokes." "He's a bully." Ruby said. We all looked over to Cardin and his team. They were currently making fun of a faunus girl with bunny ears. "Oh please. Name one time he's 'bullied' me." They all started naming off various situations. "Look it's not a big deal," he argued. "It's not like he's just a jerk to me. He's a jerk to everyone." With that, having finished his food, he walked off. I was going to follow him, until I heard shouts of pain. I looked back. Cardin now had the girls bunny ears in his fist, pulling on them. That was the last straw. And I could tell it was Krystal's too. Her hands were clenched into fists. She knew all to well about being treated badly because of being different. We looked at eachother and both nodded. Simultaneously we got up and walked over. I walked behind Cardin and grabbed a fist full of his hair. He shouted in pain and let go of bunny girl. I pulled his head back, keeping him off balance. "Hey man," I said. "Noticed what you were doing and thought it looked fun. Now you tell me, is this enough fun for you?" I pulled harder. That's when Krystal stepped up to the plate. "No you're doing it wrong." Then she grabbed his ear and pulled. "This is how you're supposed to do it. "Let go of me you freaks!" Shouted Cardin. We both let go and he turned around. He was about to through a punch, but I already had my wingman revolver to his forehead, and Krystal had her sword to his throat. His team got up, and moved forward. Krystal pulled out her alternator, which I let her keep after initiation, and pointed it at them. "Dont even think about it." She said, the anger clear in her voice. Then she looked to the girl. Her voice softened. "Are you ok?" She asked. "Y-yeah, thanks." With that the girl left, probably to go find her team. I turned to Cardin. "If we see you ever pulling shit like that again, you'll be spending a week in the infirmary. Got it?" He nodded. I holstered my wingman and Krystal did the same with her weapons.

After the scene in the cafeteria with Cardin there was a definite decrease in his antics. Krystal and I were sparring in the gym when a team of second years came in. We looked over and I immediately recognized bunny girl. A very fashionable girl with sunglasses stepped forward. "It's Y/N right?" She asked. I nodded. She then held out her hand for a handshake. I took it. She had a very firm grip. "I'm Coco. My team and I wanted to say thanks for helping Velvet out the other day." "It was no problem. I'm surprised no one else did anything." I replied. "Well it meant a lot to us." The big guy said. "I'm Yatsuhashi." He bowed slightly. "And this is Fox" Coco finished. "Nice to meet you all" Krystal said. The team looked surprised, except for Velvet. "Did your sparring bot just talk?" Coco said. Me and Krystal looked at eachother and just laughed. "I'm not a sparring bot. Im a simulacrum. Basically a person who's conciousness has been transferred to a mechanical body. The names Krystal." "Thats... pretty cool" Coco replied. "It has its perks." Coco smiled "I bet. Well we can't stay and chat. We're heading out on a mission today. But we wanted to stop buy and say thanks before we left." I smiled. "Thanks for doing so. And good luck on your mission." With that they said their goodbyes and headed out. We went back to sparring. She wasn't as good as me, but her speed made up for it. All in all we were pretty evenly matched. By the time we decided to call it quits I was panting and sweating. It was a good workout. Krystal went to my bag and pulled out my water bottle. "Here," she said. "You need to rehydrate." I took the bottle and downed half of it. "Thanks."

"Yes children, the forever fall forest is indeed beautiful. But we're not here to sight see." Goodwitch was leading a class of students to collect sap from the trees. That's not what Krystal and I were here for though. We had been tasked with taking care of any grimm that might show up. Just in case I had Grace standing by for titanfall. I would want the extra muscle if some thing big came at us. Or a pack. We arrived at our destination and the other students got to work. Guess we should do the same. We had already discussed our plan. I was going to cover the north, while she covered the south. "Hey, be safe out there ok?" Said Krystal. I smiled at her. "Always." We high fived and got to work. I figured it would be easier to keep watch from the high ground, so I climbed a tree with a little jump kit assistance. I readied my G7. It was quiet for a while. Then I heard glass shattering. It was to far away for it to be any of the students I could see. So jumping from tree to tree I followed the sound. What I saw made me proud and worried. I saw Cardin and his team with Jaune. Cardin had sap all over his front. It looked like Jaune had thrown a jar full of the stuff at him. He was pissed. He picked Jaune up by the collar and was a bout to pummel him. Then an ursa burst through the trees, smelling the sap. Cardin dropped Jaune and pulled out his mace. He attacked the ursa but it just knocked his weapon out of his hands. Cardin's team ran away. Damn cowards. Jaune pulled out his sword and attacked. He was actually putting up a decent fight. I decided to hold back. This could be a great confidence booster. Weiss, Ruby and Pyrrha showed up. They were going to go help but Pyrrha stopped them. Seems she had the same idea as me. The ursa swiped at Jaune, but he blocked it with his shield, then proceeded to cut its head clean off. He then went to Cardin, helped him up and said "Don't mess with my team, my friends, ever again. Got it?" Cardin just nodded.